seventeen

hey y'all !!! this is it! the final chapter! make sure you've read the chapter before this because I posted it like 2 minutes ago lol <3

"Alright, we have about ten minutes left. How are you and Jimin doing?" The woman in the large, black chair asked. Jungkook continued to sniffle into his tissue before he gave her a smile and relaxed back onto the sofa.

"We're doing good. He went shopping with Taehyung yesterday but he didn't show me what he got so I think he got me a surprise," Jungkook commented, tossing the tissue into the trash bin and rubbed at his wet eyes.

"Him not showing you doesn't worry you at all? Does it give you any anxiety?" She asked, not a single drop of judgment in her tone as she wrote down on her paper tablet.

"No." He shook his head, surprisingly confident in his answer. "No, I trust him."

It hadn't been his idea to get a therapist. After Jimin and him began to work on their problems, Jimin quickly realized he had a lot on his own. He always insisted that he wanted to be the best boyfriend for Jungkook, and that involved figuring out how to deal with his past rather than suppressing it. So with a lot of research he found a therapist, who was outspokenly sex positive and supportive of the LGBT community, which was important to Jimin if he was going to be totally honest with her.

It hadn't been overnight, but with time Jungkook was able to recognize a change in Jimin. He seemed more confident in his feelings for Jungkook, and even in Jungkook's feelings for him. He never stopped apologizing for how he acted during their last fight, but as time went on it was less out of guilt, and more out of honesty.

After one particularly difficult day, Jungkook crawled up into Jimin's arms on his bed and whispered that he thought he might need help too. By the time they fell asleep, Jungkook had an appointment with who Jimin's therapist said was a trusted colleague. She too, had the same progressive views and experience dealing with clients coming from difficult family situations. It had been over two months since his first appointment, and he already had a million revelations about his life.

"Well, I'm always happy to hear that," She agreed, flipping through her notepad before she brightened up. "I just remembered you have a special appointment this week, don't you? Are you still wanting to try out medication?"

Jungkook nodded sheepishly and tugged his lower lip between his teeth as he looked at the floor. "Yeah, I think it could help."

"I think so too," The doctor said, giving her client a sympathetic smile. "Jungkook, I promise there is nothing wrong with being on medication. Therapy helps with trauma, and I see us making a lot of progress, but sometimes those issues are more than just what happens in life and medication can really help. There is nothing to be ashamed of."

Jungkook had struggled heavily upon realizing a lot of his issues didn't stem from his childhood, but were instead amplified by it. It was a lot of remembering things he hadn't remembered in years and looking over the symptoms his family members had before him. He tried not to feel fucked up, and it was getting easier, but it still made him feel like a freak sometimes.

"It's just a big adjustment, and I don't think I want to tell my family until I know I'm staying on them," He sighed, and she nodded, seeming to write that down as well.

"Well, I think you're doing great. You should be proud of yourself, you're doing well. Let's schedule your next appointment, hmm?"

Jimin looked like a model waiting for him, of course. His black sunglasses hid his eyes even inside as he read a magazine. At the sound of footsteps he lifted his head and instantly his lips parted into a wide grin.