T W E N T Y - F I V E

If I could I would stay in California with Harry forever

If I could I would stay in California with Harry forever. However, I had to get back to the real world. I did a small stretch as we walked out of the Heathrow airport terminal. We were just getting used to the time difference and jet lag and now we were back. I knew I would be having trouble going to sleep tonight. We had arrived in the evening. "So who's picking us up," I asked as grabbed a hold of my bag from the ground.

"Niall, he said he wouldn't mind picking us up," Harry said looking up from his phone. I cringed internally when he said, Niall. I couldn't stand that man and now I had to deal with him and pretend everything was fine? When all I want to do is strike him across the face from being an asshole.

"Oh. Wonderful." I murmured under my breath, rolling my eyes in disgust.

"There he is!" Harry explained as he noticed a car pulling up. I soon realized it was Niall waving over to us. I gritted my teeth in annoyance as I followed Harry over to the car. Before I could say anything else Harry took my bags from me and placed them in the trunk along with his bags. He was such a gentleman. "Do you want a shotgun?" He asked.

"No. I'm good sitting in the back seat." There was no way I was going to sit next to Niall and pretend everything was fine. If I had my way, I would strangle the guy right then and there for being a full-blown dick.

Harry nodded his head as he opened the backseat door for me. He was too sweet for his good. 

"How was California?" Niall spoke up after started driving. My head was still down, not wanting to look at him. Harry seemed oblivious to the icy feeling that befell the car.

"It was great, mate. You and Nina should take a trip if you can." Harry chuckled, he turned his head to look at me. "Isn't that right, Love?"

I looked up and smiled at him. "What? Oh, it was great. Beach was beautiful." I explained. This was finally the time to look at Niall. His face told me everything I needed to know. I was sure he knew I didn't go to California just for the beach. However, I glared at him as I put my hand into a fist. I wanted to make sure he knew if he said anything to Harry, the next thing he would receive would be a black eye. Luckily Harry had turned back to look at his phone, completely missing the idea that is his girlfriend and best friend wanted to fight one another.

"Nina brought this up earlier...what do you say we all get together for dinner tomorrow night? I think Nina offered the flat.." Niall cleared his throat as his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"That sounds like it would be fun. What do you think, love?" Harry looked up from his phone. I thought for a few moments. What I wouldn't give to reject Niall. I hated how we had to pretend we were cordial with one another. It seemed like was interfering with every aspect of my life. I would reveal in the day this whole Syndicate stuff would be over with. Better yet if Nina and Niall broke up, I would never see that man again.

However, I knew I needed to keep up appearances for a little while. For Nina and Harry's sake. "Fine with me." I told them bluntly before looking at my phone. I noticed my father had called. Yes, I still had his number saved in my phone. Don't know why I did it as I always knew he would never call me. Expect for today it seems. I completely ignored it. Not wanting to talk to him. Especially with what I found out about my mother. It was still something I needed to process.