T W O

"Happy Birthday Nina, Happy Birthday to you!" The group of friends sang standing around the birthday girl

"Happy Birthday Nina, Happy Birthday to you!" The group of friends sang standing around the birthday girl. Nina looked at everyone before she blew out her birthday candles.

Nina's parents and I had set up a party for her at their country home. Yes, they are that rich. Something I could only dream of. Nina could have easily gotten her own place after University, but we just couldn't help it and decided on being roommates. We had met during our first class at University and we have been close ever since.

"Ce..ce..." I looked down as I felt a tug on the hem of the casual dress I wore for the party. I smiled when I noticed it was one of Nina's nieces.

"Hi Lilly, I really like your dress." I told her as I got down to her level. She just smiled and giggled at me.

"Can you get me some candy?" She pointed to the table next to the entrance of the house. I chuckled. "Mummy and Daddy are too busy with baby brother and auntie Nina is too busy with a boy...can you?" She asked so sweetly, I couldn't say no. I knew I shouldn't be giving a 5 year old sweets.

"Yes, of course. But you have to promise you won't eat all of it in one sitting." I told her. She clapped her hands and started jumping up and down, very happy she was getting her wish.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Lilly explained as she took a hold of my hand and pulled me towards the table. I grabbed a small zip lock bag and filled it only a tiny bit with the candy.

"You know....skittles are one of my favorite candies." I handed her the bag once I was done.

"I love chocolates...thank you Ce..." She told me as she hugged my leg once last time before running over towards the other guests, content that she got her candy.

I felt arms wrap around my midsection and pull me close to their chest. "You look beautiful." He said as he placed a kiss on my cheek. I quickly pulled out of his hold and looked at him.

"You made it, I didn't think you would!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. The meeting ended early." Harry explained to me. Ending early? I knew that meant one thing.

"Oh...Harry...I'm so sorry." I know how much music meant to him. Knowing they didn't sign him probably crushed him a little.

Harry shook his head. "It's fine, not the end of the world. Not gonna give up. Besides, I have a gig in a few weeks and I finally saved up enough money to improve on my demo." I loved how Harry wasn't one to give up. He was going to achieve his dreams, one way or another.

"HARRY....HARRY!" Nina yelled as she ran over to us. From what we could see she was drunk, holding a glass in her hand. "You are here!!" She pulled him in for a hug, splashing a little of her drink on the back of his shirt. "Ooop....Sorryyyy" She giggled.

"It's fine.." He chuckled as he pulled away from Nina. He was always so kind and understanding.

"Nina, how much have you had?" I asked, eying her glass as she took another sip.