F I F T E E N

This was my chance

This was my chance.

While I had no idea what was going on around me I knew I needed to kick my legs out.  Thankfully I got lucky and was able to hit one of them square in the back. The next thing I heard was the sound of a painful grunt and the sound of a body hitting the pavement.

I used all of my weight to sit up in the trunk. This assisted me in my goal of jumping out of the trunk. I wasn't fast enough though when I felt someone wrapping their hands around my neck, cutting off circulation.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I stood there for a few moments, frozen in place.

Suddenly the bag was ripped off my head and I was able to finally get a good look at my surroundings. I noticed one of the goons was dead, shot three times, once in the head, twice in the chest. Overkill. The other one was knocked out, probably thanks to me hitting him in the back.

"We have to get out of there." Another voice said as I felt them turning me around. I jerked my head over my shoulder to see who saved me. I had seen him before. He was the same man I had come across in the conference room back in Scotland.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked as I felt the stress around my wrists disappearing. The guy was able to cut the zip ties off my wrists with a knife he had in his hand. I massaged my wrists knowing they would leave a mark.

"I'll explain on the way to the safe house. There will probably be more of them if we stay here."The man snarled. I took a few steps back away from him. I still didn't trust him. 

"Your funny if you think I'm going anywhere with you." I scowled at him as I went to pick up my bag that was still on the ground. I was about to grab my gun when I saw the goon getting up off the ground. 

He was ready to charge at me. I scoffed as I yanked his arm and smacked his head against the hood of the car, there was a sickening smack and he was down on the pavement once again.

"I'm not fucking around! Let's get going!" The guy was now yelling at me. I never liked it when men bossed me around. 

"Now listen here!" I shouted as I pulled out my gun, pointing it at him. "You're going to tell me who you are or I won't be afraid to put a bullet in between your guys, got it?!"

We turned our heads in the direction of the sound of a car speeding our way. I had been temporarily blinded by the car lights. There was the sound of tires skidding alerted me to a car pulling up beside us. 

I had aimed my gun towards the car but lowered it when I saw who was behind the wheel.

"Cecilia get in the car...NOW!" I was astonished to see that my father was the one behind the wheel.

"Dad? What the hell is...." I couldn't even finish my sentence when I felt the guy pull me while opening the car door, basically forcing me into the back of the car. He then sat in the front passenger side, the next thing I knew my dad was speeding down the street.