T W E N T Y

I sat there almost dumbfounded at what I was hearing from Cece

 I sat there almost dumbfounded at what I was hearing from Cece. I placed my glass on my coffee table as I thought this was some sick joke. I couldn't believe it. I held up my hands to make her stop talking. "You can't be serious, Cece. You can't honestly think I will believe you."

She was almost shocked that I was reacting this way. This wasn't what she was expecting from me. This wasn't something I was going to run into her arms and tell her it was okay. "I'm being serious." She scoffed.

"You want me to believe you've been a spy for the past three years?" Just saying it out sounded ridiculous. This wasn't a movie. There were no such things as spies. I couldn't wrap my head around it.

"Harry, you wanted me to be honest with you and I am!" She screamed as she gripped her hair in frustration.

The fact that her psycho ex faked his death and is now trying to take over the world. I had every right not to believe her. What movie was she watching?

"How do I know you don't work for them?" I got up from the couch as I wanted to get as far away from her as possible for the moment. 

"I did work for them but I didn't know who they truly were? My friend Zayn and I almost got attacked because we found out." She explained as she also got up. She walked over and placed her hands on my arms. "You have to believe me."

A thought came across in my mind. That got me upset just thinking about it. I didn't think she was, but I needed to ask her. "Was our whole relationship a lie?"

She let go of my arms as a look of shock spread across her face. Then it turned into anger and disgust. "How...How could you even say that?" She scoffed.

"Well, I'm sorry, Cece. I have to ask these questions. Everything from the start of our relationship has been a lie!" I shouted as I grabbed my glass and headed into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out some vodka, pouring it into my glass. I gulped it down in one go and slammed my glass on the kitchen counter. I thought this was a great moment to have some more.

"Harry, you have to believe me. Our relationship hasn't been a lie!" She said from the entrance of my kitchen. I heard her walk over to me and grab the vodka from me as she placed it on the counter.  I felt her place both of her hands on my face and turned me so I was forced to look at her.

"You have been the only real thing in my life that hasn't been a lie. What we had was genuine. Niall and Nina had set up us on that date by chance." She explained to me. I took her in for a few moments. I noticed she had a bruise on her face and some dried up blood on her cheek. The look on her face told me she was being truthful in that respect. I broke out of her hold as I walked over to the counter and poured myself some more vodka. 

"Harry, please. I want to talk to you, and I can't do that if your drunk." She huffed in annoyance as tried to grab the glass out of my hand.

I moved my drink higher out of her reach. "Cece...Stop!" I said trying to block her away from me. It was clear both of us were on edge and frustrated with one another.