T W E N T Y - N I N E

I looked at myself through the compact mirror I had in my bag

I looked at myself through the compact mirror I had in my bag. I was in the process of putting my eyeliner on. I had a feeling this would be my last mission and I wanted to go all out. I took in a breath as I steady my hand not wanting to mess up. 

I jumped up from my seat in the van when I heard the door swing open with a bang.

"Cece! Would you hurry the hell up?! You aren't attending the baftas! This is just a birthday party for god sakes!" Niall's voice boomed. It was clear he was frustrated that I was taking longer than usual to get ready.

"Damn it, Niall! I'll be there in a second." I hollered back as I grasped onto the handle of the van and closed it. Zayn had been sitting in the van with me. There were various monitors hooked up that would give him a good sight of what was going on at the party.

 He was trying not to make any eye contact with me, just him clearing his throat as he typed away on the keyboard.

"Zayn would you be able to do a favor for me?" I asked as put the finishing touches on my hair, placing a bobby pin in my hair so the curls would keep out of my face.

He sighed. "What do you need?"

"Can you look up this name?" I quickly wrote a name down on a scrap of paper that was laying around in the van. "This is Harry's boss. She died when the bookstore suffered a gas leak and blew up. I desperately need the coroner's report when they finish."

"You don't think she died in the blast?" Zayn raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Not at all."

There was a loud bang against the van door. "I'm coming!" I shouted. "Thank you." I smiled at Zayn before getting out of the van.

"There you are." Niall grumbled. I spotted him leaning against the van. "And you're wearing that?" He scoffed.

I looked down at the red gown I was wearing. "What?" It was the first one I saw and knew I needed to pick it up. Not only for its fiery red color but the fact that it had a slit in the middle of the gown. 

"You're going to blend in

"You're going to blend in." He said sneeringly.

"Oh shut the hell up," I smirked."Hurry the hell up. We don't have all day." I mimicked his accent as I began to walk ahead of him. I overheard him curse under his breath as he followed close behind me.