T W E N T Y - T H R E E

"So, I'm guessing you had to cancel on Nina tonight?" I said as I walked over to Cece once I saw her arriving at the Airport Terminal

Cece huffed as she placed her carry-on and suitcase onto the pavement. She nodded her head as she pulled me in for a hug. That's when I noticed she had her hair up in a ponytail and was wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt under her coat. I smiled softly as she placed a kiss on my cheek. "Yeah...told her we were going away last minute. Surprisingly she was okay with it."

"Nina, not being overdramatic? That's unheard of." I smirked as I grabbed her carry-on. Before she could tell me no I turned towards the entrance.

"Harry...Harry...I can carry my bags." She said as I felt her lightly tugging on my arm.

"No, I insist, Cece." I said as we walked over to check-in for our flight.

"My prince charming." I could hear her say from behind me in a joking tone.

We checked in and got through airport security fairly quickly. Just enough time to board our flight before it took off. I didn't even ask her where we would be staying or what brought on this surprise trip. It was hilarious to me that she asked to go on Holiday. Cece was never one to go on Holiday.

The seats she was able to get were nice as well. Right near the front. She pulled out her book from her bg as she sat down beside me. "Thank you for switching with me. I always enjoy the window seat." She smiled before turning her attention to the book.

"Anything for you." I said before placing my headphones on. I was never the one who enjoyed the window seat.

The eight-hour flight wasn't the worst. I traveled out of the country many times during my childhood when my family and I wanted to go on holiday. However, it's been several years because I just didn't have the money to afford a ticket. I had insisted on paying Cece for my plane ticket. In typical Cece fashion, she told me I didn't have to. We had gone back and forth over it in our text conversations. I finally relented as I didn't want to dampen the holiday. However, I made a mental note to save up and give the money back to her when I could. It was the right thing to do.

When we were walking through the terminal, I noticed that Cece was quiet. I couldn't help but wrap an arm around her back. "Are you okay, Love?" I asked.

"Fine. Just fine." She had turned to look at me only temporarily before we continued walking. That's where we left it.

 Driving on an American roadway was an...experience. Cars veered in and out of traffic. One car tried to tailgate me. My hands held tightly onto the steering wheel, not once looking away from what was in front of it.

"Are you sure your okay? I don't mind driving...I have a lot of experience." I could hear Cece giggle beside me.

"Nope. Fine. I'm totally fine." I waved my hand in front of her.