T E N

Five days ago 

Five days ago 

I sighed heavily as I carried the last of the boxes into the Penthouse. Though I winced as I felt my arms straining against the heavy box. I had forgotten what I had packed in it. None the less I grunted as I sat it down on the kitchen counter.

"Is that the last of it?" I overheard him say as he wandered up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I beamed as I felt him kissing me on my neck.

I closed my eyes as I felt him continue to do it. "Yes, that's the last of it." I smirked. "Thanks...Thanks for the help, Milo." I said jokingly.

"You looked good carrying those boxes." He murmured against my neck. He pulled away as he turned me around to look at him. "How do you like the place?"

That's when I got a good look at his place. I had made numerous visits over the years we were dating. It was spacious and beautiful. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms in Kensington. It was better than my university apartment that's for sure. "It's beautiful. I'm thrilled we decided to move in together."

"I am as well, Cece." He pulled me into his embrace once more, pulling me in for another kiss. Without any warning, he picked me up and pulled me over his shoulder.

I couldn't help but let out a shriek. "Milo! Milo put me down."I started to laugh, hitting him lightly against his back.

"Let's me show you the bedroom, beautiful." Milo smirked, and I knew exactly what he wanted to do. I wasn't going to complain. I giggled all the way to his bedroom.

I squeaked softly as he dropped me onto the king-size bed. Before I could say anything he was on top of me and we started to makeout. I couldn't help myself and ripped open his shirt.

I was startled awake by the sound of my alarm going off. I groaned as I opened my eyes slowly, pulling my hand against my face trying to block out the sun that was shining through my window. I laid there for a few moments trying to get my bearings. I hadn't had a dream about Milo in years. I didn't know how to feel about it. I thought I had moved on and grieved. I guess my subconscious thought otherwise. I rolled over onto my side to shut off my alarm and look at my phone.

There was a text from Duke as well as a text from Zayn. I shot them a quick text to let them know I was on my way. I sighed deeply in disappointment before getting out of bed.

I was still thinking about the day before with Harry. I hoped he bought my lie, and he wouldn't look too much into it.

Who knew seeing my father again would turn my mood so sour. Well, it was in the past. I had to forget about him. I had been doing such a good job making sure my work life was separate from my home life. Nothing would change that.

I quickly jumped into the shower and raced to get ready. I needed to get to the office as soon as possible. I walked out of my bedroom with my bag in hand. My gun had been hidden in my journal. That's when I noticed Nina making breakfast.