37 || contact

THE TERRAIN ONLY GOT ROUGHER AS WE DROVE THROUGH THE FOREST AT HIGH SPEEDS. Clarke had her heart set on finding Luna, even though we could just make all this easier and stick the Flame in my head. Bellamy was now completely against putting the flame in me after seeing what happened to Emerson, even though it wouldn't happen to me since I am a Natblida. Emerson wasn't, hence why the flame took his life.

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage," Jasper observed, looking at the map in Lincoln's book that was supposed to lead us to Luna. To say I was pissed was an understatement. I had just lost three of the most important people in my life and now Clarke and Bellamy were completely ignoring the idea of letting me take the Flame and putting an end to all this.

"Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village," Jasper continued. Miller, Bryan, Harper, Raven, Jess and Monty stayed back at Arkadia, so it was only Bellamy, Clarke, Jasper, Octavia and I in the rover.

"At least we know we're going in the right direction," Bellamy replied from the drivers seat.

"We're running out of daylight," Jasper commented. "We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery."

"What sun?" Clarke gazed out the window. The sun wasn't out. It was raining and muddy, grey clouds covering the sky. "We keep going until it dies," She said sharply. 

"We keep going until we get to Luna," Octavia cut in.

"Can we please just put the flame in my head? It would be so much easier. We wouldn't have to go-" I whined but was quickly shut up by Clarke and Bellamy.

"No," They said in unison. I rolled my eyes and slumped back in my seat.

"Is this her?" Jasper flipped the book around to show Octavia a drawing of a girl. The drawing was beautiful. Lincoln was such an amazing artist.

"Yes," Octavia confirmed.

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an AI in her head?" Jasper asked somewhat rhetorically. "I like the kid's plan. At least we have her consent and we can trust that she'll do what we need."

"Lincoln said she helps those who are in trouble," Octavia inspired. "She'll help us too."

Suddenly we came to a sharp halt. Our path was blocked by a fallen tree.

"Think she could help us find a better map?" Jasper said sarcastically. Even though it wasn't the ideal situation, it was nice to see Jasper helping out and not getting drunk every day.

"Backtrack," Bellamy decided. "Find somewhere where the trees aren't so bad."

Octavia huffed and jumped out of the rover. I followed in suit. "Guess we're going on foot," Clarke muttered. 

We ended up breaking into a jog. "Anyone hear the part where I said it could take days?" Jasper called.

"Stop," Octavia suddenly came to a halt. We had barely even passed the rover, what could be stopping us?

We could hear the distant song of... water? It was. 

"You hear that?" Octavia asked.

"Water."

With that, Clarke, Octavia and I broke into a sprint ahead of Jasper and Bellamy.

"Eyes sharp, they could be hostile," Bellamy instructed, gripping his gun impossibly tight as if he was scared it would run away.

"They're not hostile. Put the guns down!" Octavia shouted at her brother.

We followed the river current until we made it to the sea. I had never seen the ocean before. It was mesmerizing, yet somewhat underwhelming at the same time. I had imagined the beach to be tan sand and clear, sparkling waters with big waves that you could surf on. Anyways, Luna's village was nowhere in sight.