𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍.
𝙊𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 — 𝙅.𝙈.

     DROWNED in the prestigious lifestyle that came with having wealthy parents, Annabelle Monroe had the advantage of getting everything handed to her since the day she popped out of her mother's womb

DROWNED in the prestigious lifestyle that came with having wealthy parents, Annabelle Monroe had the advantage of getting everything handed to her since the day she popped out of her mother's womb. The Monroe's, alongside the Cameron's, were the most elite families living on the land known as Outer Banks. This meaning that all the money one could ever dream of was just a snap of a finger away. It was the privilege that everyone wished they could have. A privilege that she never thought would slip from her fingers...until it actually did. Or in better words, it was yanked from her without a second thought after she made a stupid decision, leaving her parents angered and not giving them any other option other than to teach her about the reality that most people lived.

There was no doubt that without her precious bank accounts, Annabelle wasn't worth a single penny. Sure her last name received major recognition because of the successful foundation her parents had built over the years, but that money was the family fortunes, not hers. She'd never had to work for anything in her life, but to be completely fair, her parents were clearly to blame for that. They'd raised her to be a spoiled girl, one who never had to think about the value of a single dollar bill.

So the frustration that the girl felt after discovering that she'd been cut off was understandable. She knew that the summer trip that she'd been planning with her friends was as good as ruined if she didn't find a way to gather up enough cash before the school year came to an end.

Being a teenager and all, she knew that there was only one solution to her money problem. Just the thought of it disgusted her, but it was the only way. She would simply have to get a job and work for the money.

So that's exactly what she did.

Getting a job at the famous Island Inn Resort proved itself to be frankly easy due to the fact that she was a member and because it was the same place where Midsummers was held every single year: the summer party that the rich attended, solely to flaunt their money.

The only difference was that this time, she wouldn't be all dressed up in an overpriced party gown. Instead, she'd be dressed in a Christine dress, an apron tied around her waist as rich, old men eyed her up and down while she took their orders, avoiding the stares of their jealous wives.

Even though she had a clear idea as to what she was signing up for, she still hoped that it wouldn't be so bad, but once she learns that a particular blond-haired boy also works there, every ounce of hope that her body withheld vanishes in an instant.

OR

     IN WHICH JJ Maybank takes it upon himself to show Annabelle Monroe how to live the pogue life.