𝟬𝟭𝟱 home is a wasteland

PROM QUEEN: HOME IS A WASTELAND

PROM QUEEN:
HOME IS A WASTELAND.

     IF A BUTTERFLY FLAPPED ITS WINGS, unforeseeable consequences could arise

IF A BUTTERFLY FLAPPED ITS WINGS, unforeseeable consequences could arise. It could shift the timeline entirely, altering events and making it so that one's life could potentially spiral downward into a sea of havoc. Then again, there was also the positive that could arise instead. Life could be like a fairytale. A perfect fairytale that came with a godmother who could grant the most ridiculous wishes in existence.

It could.

Sadly, Annabelle felt that this imaginary butterfly had flapped its wings at the wrong time and so she was forced to live the perfectly constructed, miserable life. It was ironic, really, that she was a part of one of the wealthiest families; a status that everyone on the damn planet wished to obtain. Yet she felt like her life, the one that was meant to run smoothly, was a marathon, a taunting marathon that she couldn't get through without collapsing. She was exhausted from running. Exhausted from the household she'd been raised in.

It was nauseating having to wake up every day to a life that was slowly beginning to feel less like her own. She remembered her freshman year when her life was at its peak, her friendships were thriving, she was acing her classes, and was practically named the "it" girl in her grade. It was also around the time when her mother had threatened to send her off to boarding school due to how often she had stayed out past her curfew and as per usual, disobeyed her parents. Back then it seemed like the worst idea ever. The poor little rich girl couldn't bare the thought of leaving everything behind, but now, more than ever, she craved the thought of getting a fresh start.

While there would never come a day when she wouldn't be associated with her parents and their successful careers, she wanted out.

In the recent days, Annabelle had laid awake at night wondering what her life might've been like had her birth mother not abandoned her the night she was born. Though Topanga was partially related to Sandra and she had made an unforgivable mistake, she couldn't help but wonder what a difference a change in who her maternal figure was could make. She didn't know the woman, but she wondered what she would've been like as a mother. Maybe being a raging bitch ran in her mother's family and it wouldn't be much of a difference from what she'd endured already or maybe Topanga was a breath of fresh air and everything Annabelle sought in a mother.