𝟬𝟬𝟳 party like a pogue

PROM QUEEN: PARTY LIKE A POGUE

PROM QUEEN:
PARTY LIKE A POGUE.

     THE GENTLE BREEZE carried its tedious journey through the Outer Banks, enveloping the greenery to a brittle crispness that would surely recuperate once summertime kicked in

THE GENTLE BREEZE carried its tedious journey through the Outer Banks, enveloping the greenery to a brittle crispness that would surely recuperate once summertime kicked in. Stars glimmered in the night sky, the luminance rays reflecting beautifully across the blanket of water below as it swayed back and forth in a therapeutic matter, a slight grin forming on Annabelle's face at the overwhelming sight that would never fail to draw her in.

"I'm sorry, Anna, but if you stab that fork into that poor salad one more time, you'll give me no other option other than to ram that thing into your eyeball." Janet suddenly wrapped her hand around Annabelle's wrist, preventing the girl from picking at her salad for any longer. The scraping of the fork continuously ramming into the glass plate was literal torture to her ears, almost making them feel like they were bleeding.

Realizing how distracted she'd been, Annabelle looked away from the window, turning back towards Janet who had been busy filling her and Xavier in on what was currently going on in her life now that her parents had reconciled. Though Xavier could give less of a crap, he pretended to—or at least tried to—for the sake of sparing the girl's feelings, which was quite rare of him to do.  "Sorry. I was just thinking." She muttered an apology, freeing the fork from her grasp with a loud clinging noise piercing through her ears. Her face scrunched at the noise, a lump rising in her throat out of pure hatred towards the loud sound.

"About?" Concern was etched into Janet's words, her head tilted to the side.

Inhaling sharply, Annabelle clicked the tip of her tongue against the roof of her mouth, annoyance lingering throughout the simple action. She pinched the bridge of her nose, parting her lips to speak. "The fact that my mother, who I am highly convinced is on crack, wants me to participate in a debutante this upcoming fall." She rolled her eyes in a lazy manner, far too drained with how exhausting this past week had been for her to even add a pinch of energy to it. "A fucking debutante—like, do I look like Rory Gilmore or something?" A scoff ran past her lips.