𝟬𝟭𝟲 longing for you

PROM QUEEN: LONGING FOR YOU

PROM QUEEN:
LONGING FOR YOU.

     IT WAS EARLY SATURDAY MORNING when Annabelle woke from her slumber to a collection of shouts reverberating from the walls in a room downstairs

     IT WAS EARLY SATURDAY MORNING when Annabelle woke from her slumber to a collection of shouts reverberating from the walls in a room downstairs. Three voices overlapped one another, incapable of being pinned to a single person, especially for the groggy girl who couldn't determine fantasy from reality at the moment.

Irritated was one word to describe how she felt about getting pulled away from the dream that had hypnotized her for the past nine hours—the most appropriate would be furious. She allowed that emotion to power her as she shoved the comforter off of her body, growing impatient when the end of it got tangled with her legs.

The current time was unknown to her, but judging by how intensely the sunlight bled through the curtains and into her bedroom made it obvious that it was still early morning. While she had a compromise at the banquet hall in two hours where discussions revolving around the upcoming debutante would take place, she planned to skip it and the event altogether, hence why she was wroth at the sudden disturbance in her sleep.

She briefly caught a glimpse at her phone screen when she finally managed to pull herself up from her bed, unable to focus her vision well enough to distinguish whether she had seen an eight or a nine on the screen. Whatever it was didn't take away from the fact that it was much earlier than the time she originally planned on waking up at.

It took all the energy in Annabelle's body for her to get herself to the bathroom where she did her usual morning routine, the shouting only diminishing slightly when she was spitting out the foamy toothpaste from her mouth after having brushed her teeth. Once she stepped away from the sink, it was louder than ever, the house feeling as if it was going to fall to pieces from the destruction occurring inside of it.

A sigh fell from Annabelle's lips, her hand reaching for her head where she ran it through the damp strands. She stood in place for a moment, debating on whether it'd be the best idea to find out what all the commotion was about.

Being her typical noisy self, she quickly decided to head downstairs. She slipped her feet into her slippers, pulling the door open before making her way down the hallway and down the stairs, the ruckus growing louder the closer she got to the room it was occurring in.