𝟬𝟬𝟰 just a boy

PROM QUEEN: JUST A BOY

PROM QUEEN:
JUST A BOY.

     "DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?"

Annabelle fixated her attention on her friend, a weird look forming on her face before she shook her head. "No. The way I see it is that you love the version of that person that you've created in your own mind. For all you know, they could be a diabolical serial killer."

Genevieve rolled her eyes, not at all content with Annabelle's answer to the question. She tapped the bold point pen against the fresh sheet of lined paper, looking towards Kiara who was focused on the notes that were being projected on the screen in the front of the classroom. "What about you, Carerra? You believe in love at first sight?"

"I believe that if you don't stop talking, my fist might accidentally collide with your face." Kiara callously responded, maintaining her attention on her notes with her pencil dancing around the paper.

Eyes going wide, Genevieve brought her hand up towards her face, shielding it in case Kiara was actually being somewhat serious. "Geez, lighten up a little."

Quietly laughing to herself at the horror that overtook her friend's features, Annabelle propped her chin up with her hand, using the other to sloppily copy the scribbled writing onto her own paper. "Hey, have you signed up for that volunteering thing? Principal Luna pulled me out of my first period to remind me that it's a part of the whole suspension thing. There's apparently a food drive going on, but my stupid boss scheduled me to work all five days this week, so I have zero space for that crap in my schedule."

"You haven't quit yet?" Genevieve's lips parted into an amused smile. She knew Annabelle's commitment issues were severe, so she was shocked, to say the least, that the raven-haired girl was actually going through with this. It was so unlike her. "Wow. I would've expected you to quit the day that Xavier made you drop all those drinks."

"Trust me, I've considered it...several times, actually, but I need the money." Annabelle shrugged her shoulders, sucking air in through her teeth. "You know, I always knew that men were a complete disgrace to the human population, but working at the club just makes me wish they were extinct."