𝟬𝟭𝟯 cherry blossom scented bodies

PROM QUEEN: CHERRY BLOSSOM SCENTED BODIES

PROM QUEEN:
CHERRY BLOSSOM SCENTED BODIES.

     HER BEDROOM smelt of fresh linen with a subtle hint of the cherry blossom perfume she wore every day

HER BEDROOM smelt of fresh linen with a subtle hint of the cherry blossom perfume she wore every day. The walls were painted beacon gray, the morning sun splattered against them as the fresh air blew past the sheer, white curtains hung by the balcony. Birds clenched their talons around the fine-detailed railing of the balcony, their obnoxious chirps slithering through the small crack of the French doors and into JJ Maybank's ears as he quietly tiptoed across the wooden floor boards, trying to make a secret getaway before the raven-haired girl woke from her slumber.

However, being his nosy self, he stopped before he could reach the balcony (which he hoped to climb out of without breaking a bone in the process). His hand reached for a framed photograph she had sitting on one of the shelves beside her many designer perfumes.

In the photo frame was a picture of a fourteen-year-old Annabelle Monroe, a wide smile etched onto her lips with her head leaned on Kiara Carrera's shoulder, the other girl looking just as content as Annabelle did in the photograph (it was definitely an odd sight to take in). There were a few other familiar faces with them too, but he focused on the two old friends instead. Truthfully, he was still hurt at how abruptly Kiara had abandoned them at the beginning of the ninth grade when she started her first year at the kook academy only to go crawling back to them when things went sideways. He'd never felt like he was anyone's first choice, so for her to just up and leave their friend group at the first chance she was given stung, to say the least, and what hurt even more was when she came back, acting as if nothing had happened.

Whatever. The past was the past and thinking about it wouldn't change anything.

Instead, he drifted back to the present, placing the frame back in its original spot before grabbing the other one beside it. In comparison to the previous one, this one was more recent, the presence of Xavier Danvers allowing him to confirm that. Just the sight of the pretentious douchebag with his arms around Annabelle as he hugged her from behind in the picture caused his eyes to roll, his stomach churning with an unfamiliar feeling surfacing throughout his body to contaminate it with . . . jealousy? No, no, JJ had never been the jealous type when it came to a girl. Whether it had to do with how frantic it made him to even think about relying so much on another human being knowing that they'd end up leaving one way or another, just like his mother had when she walked out on him and his sister, leaving them in the care of their abusive father, or just the sheer thought of committing to another person altogether, he knew one thing. Relationships were not and would never be something that interested him.