𝟬𝟬𝟵 swallow your fucking pride

PROM QUEEN: SWALLOW YOUR FUCKING PRIDE

PROM QUEEN:
SWALLOW YOUR FUCKING PRIDE.

     FUNCTIONING PROPERLY the following morning didn't appear to be written anywhere in Annabelle's agenda, for she woke up with an intense pain shooting throughout her entire body, her muscles sore from having fallen asleep in the most uncomforta...

FUNCTIONING PROPERLY the following morning didn't appear to be written anywhere in Annabelle's agenda, for she woke up with an intense pain shooting throughout her entire body, her muscles sore from having fallen asleep in the most uncomfortable position of all time, leaving a painful strain on her neck.

She wasn't hungover—which was a first—but that's didn't mean that she was in the mood to interact with anyone. After having dealt with the discomfort of sleeping horribly, all she wanted was to have a peaceful day to herself, and for the first hour she'd been awake that morning, it seemed probable—considering her parents were nowhere to be seen—and the two missing cars in the driveway, that hadn't been there when Annabelle got home at two in the morning, made it clear that they'd be gone for what remained of the weekend.

Unfortunately, at around ten o'clock, Annabelle's peace was torn to shreds, not by Athena (she was still busy getting in all the hours that her beauty sleep consisted of), but by her friends, who decided to pay her an unexpected home visit after she decided to sneak off with a very persuasive JJ last night, ditching Janet and Xavier in the process. She'd avoided any text messages and calls that her phone received, and it wasn't because of the poor signal that The Cut had, but because she wanted to separate herself from the life she'd be forced to go back to once she drove to Figure Eight.

A small getaway from her pretentious neighborhood was fun while it lasted, but that pogue lifestyle wasn't something she could claim as her own—even is she wanted to, it wasn't something that could just be offered to her like a piece of candy. At the end of the day, she was a kook through and through.

All of a sudden, Annabelle's head snapped up at the sound of footsteps thudding against the kitchen tiles's. She released her fingers from the neck of the champagne bottle, her palms reaching towards the counter to maintain a steady balance.

At the sight of her older sister stepping into the area, she let out a huff, consumed by a wave of annoyance. She went back to preparing the mimosas, avoiding her older sibling for as long as she could.