𝟬𝟬𝟱 carried by the current

PROM QUEEN: CARRIED BY THE CURRENT

PROM QUEEN:
CARRIED BY THE CURRENT.

     FOR THE LONGEST TIME, Annabelle had been convinced that the mystery behind the true meaning of life was something that could easily be unraveled with the simple touch of her dainty fingers

     FOR THE LONGEST TIME, Annabelle had been convinced that the mystery behind the true meaning of life was something that could easily be unraveled with the simple touch of her dainty fingers. With the chaos that the universe always seemed to hurl at the vulnerable population of human beings that resided on the so-called beautiful planet of earth, which had singlehandedly been destroyed by its very own inhabitants, she assumed that it was all about survival—not, like, in some weird epidemic type way where a zombie apocalypse wiped out a majority of the human population. Well, actually, it was still somewhat about the survival of the fittest where you were forced to follow the path that the universe sees fit and if you were unable to handle the constant pressure that weighed you down...well...you'd die, basically. Through Annabelle's eyes, that's how the world was constructed. Freedom of choice had never really existed for her, so she had stupidly assumed that everyone else viewed life as one huge torment that you endured until your body was placed into a casket and buried underground, six feet under where your flesh would be torn to shreds by the hungry critters.

She had lived her life surrounded by the worst of the worst. Sandra and Sebastian Monroe had raised her in the toxic environment they'd created, teaching her that marriage was not in the slightest bit something she wanted. It was this entrapping, emotionally draining concept that was invented for the sole purpose of driving one mad (at least that's the way Annabelle viewed it). Most of the moments that the couple spent together consisted of unnecessary arguing that only drove them further away from one another, no sort of love detected within the awful words that the pair screamed at each other at night when they assumed their children were sleeping. There was this noticeable hatred that reeked from the two whenever they were in the presence of one another. It only made Annabelle question why they were even together at this point. Surely it had to be because of the foundation they'd built, but perhaps there was more to the story that had yet to be revealed.

It wasn't just the arguing that had led Annabelle to draw the conclusion that marriage was just one huge step that people leaped at to fit in with the standard that society had implemented.