11 | back

"What are you doing here?" Jacob sneered as soon as Neveah and Bella got out of the car and walked towards the Pack house

"What are you doing here?" Jacob sneered as soon as Neveah and Bella got out of the car and walked towards the Pack house. Emily still enjoyed cooking for everyone, she says it gives her a purpose taking care of the people that she loves, but it always created some tension and the women hated it.

Neveah rolled her eyes, knowing he was being extremely immature, "I don't owe you anything Jacob. You want to continue to act like a child, you will be treated like a child. You had your title taken away because you're selfish and immature. I don't need to explain myself to you."

Jacob got in her face, "You don't belong here."

"Leave her alone." Bella yelled as she stood behind Neveah. Recently she had been noticing that Jacob wasn't the guy she thought he was. He clearly only cared about himself and it reminded her so much of herself and she was absolutely disgusted. She couldn't believe that she had been treating people like that. Jacob might have been her childhood friend but the person standing in front of her, him she didn't know.

Jacob glared at Neveah, "You turned her against me?!"

Bella sighed, "No, you did that on your own."

Neither of them waited for his reply was they walked into the Pack house. Jared pretty much ran towards her as he brought her into a tight hug before setting her back down onto the floor. He didn't let go of her as he held her at arms length.

"I see someone missed me?" Neveah teased.

Jared pressed a kiss to her cheek before whispering, "I always miss you." They held each other in an embrace before someone interrupted their moment rather rudely and loudly.

"What are you doing here?" Sam growled.

Neveah rolled her eyes, "I'm here because an army of newborn vampires are coming."

"What are you talking about?"

Neveah sat down the Pack as she explained to them the situation with Victoria and the vampire army that was coming their way. Most understood the urgency of the situation and joked that they could use Bella as bait but they knew Neveah would kill them if they did. Jared put together extra training session and made patrol more frequent. They all obviously complained but they knew that humans were at risk if they came anywhere near humans.

"Thank you for telling us."

"I just hope that everything turns out well and no one gets hurt."

"What do you mean they're back?"

The past couple of days had been crazy. Victoria had been spotted more on the land, resulting in Harry having a heart attack and Leah and Seth phasing. On top of that, the Cullen's were back after Alice had had a vision of the newborn army coming after Bella. The brunette had pretty much been hiding out at Neveah and Jared's house because she refused to talk to any of them. The news of them being back had really hit her hard.

Neveah sighed, "The Cullen's are back. They know that Victoria has put together an army and want to protect Bella."

"But isn't it their fault that the army is after Bella in the first place?" Leah asked confused. The new shifter had been struggling for the past couple of days and was so angry at everyone but with Neveah's help, she was slowly getting better and it did help that she imprinted on Micheal.

Neveah nodded, "It is, I'm not disputing that but Bella is human and frankly, I don't trust the Cullen's to take care of this. We need to do something about this before humans get hurt."

"But can we trust them?" Paul asked.

Sam rolled his eyes, "Of course we can't, they're vampires."

Jared sighed, "But Nev is right. We can't do this on our own. There are lives at risk and it's our job to protect them. I don't trust the Cullen's and frankly we never will but we need help. We protect humans. I will give them a call in the morning, until then, I want everyone to train and patrol the lands. They're coming and we need to be prepared."

"Would you look at that, being the leader we need."