12 | confrontation

"You know you can't keep her from us?"

While Bella had taken to ignoring the Cullen's, they had not been happy about it and blamed Neveah for keeping her away. Alice and Edward has been glaring at her any chance that they got and it was beginning to piss her off. She had told Jared about what was going on and he reminded her about the Treaty and that starting a war with the Cullen's was not the best idea, considering the army that was after Bella.

Neveah rolled her eyes, "I did no such thing and if you can't see that, that sound like a you problem."

Edward growled as he stood in her path, "You can't keep her away!"

"I am not. She is choosing to stay away from you. She realised how toxic your relationship was and doesn't want to be around you. She has learned to be independent and wants a future for herself, without you. You need to realise that your relationship screwed her up in ways that's going to take years to heal. She's finally happy, building relationships with her friends and family. She's thinking about what she wants and you can't take that away from her. She has every right to move on and you just have to deal with it." Neveah firmly spoke. She was not going to let the Cullen's come back and ruin all the progress that Bella had made. She deserved to be happy.

Alice shook her head, "You can't decide that for her."

Neveah scoffed, "You're right, I can't because she's already decided for herself. Bella is capable of making her own decisions, she is a grown woman. You lied when you told Edward about Bella being his mate because if that had been true, he wouldn't have been able to leave her, no matter how much he wanted to protect her. He made the choice to leave and Bella survived, your not going to take that away from her."

"You can't do that."

"I didn't do anything, you all did."

"You never fail to surprise me

"You never fail to surprise me." Bella laughed as Neveah told her about the conversation that she had with Edward and Alice. The two were sat in the lunch hall with Edward and Alice glaring their way. It didn't bother Neveah but Bella was a little uncomfortable.

Neveah laughed, "I know it's not been easy but I'm proud of you. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You stood your ground and became a woman that you know your parents are proud of. It's not been easy but you did it."

"You know, a year ago, I would have never thought I would be here but I'm happier than I have ever been, happier than I ever thought I would be. I'm independent, thinking about my future and dad and I are getting along great," Bella spoke with a smile.

Neveah smiled at her best friend but didn't have a chance to rely as her phone rang. She looked at the ID and smiled when she realised it was Jared. "Miss me already?" She teased.

Jared laughed, "I always miss you. I actually wanted to ask if you could come over after school?"

Neveah frowned, "What's going on?" Jared went on to explain what had been happening while Neveah could feel the panic rise. The last thing she wanted was for the pack to get hurt. She hung up quickly after Jared said he had to deal with yet another conflict because of Jacob.

"You look worried." Bella pointed out.

Neveah released a shaky breathe, "I am."

"Why?"

"Because the redhead is back again."