8 | home

"Jared, what are you doing?" Neveah giggled as Jard had his hand over her eyes

It had been completely impromptu when he had turned up at her house, asked her to get ready and driven her to an unknown destination before placing his hands in front of her face and asking her to walk.

Jared laughed softly, "I am taking you somewhere. Somewhere that's just you and me, no interruptions. You've been so worried about school and what's next that I wanted to do something for us and I hope you like it because it did take a while to do." He had been working on it for a while and he hoped she loved it as much as he did.

When Jared finally removed his hand from her face and she was able to take in everything in front of her, she froze. Right in front of her, was a beautiful tree house, much like the house she had deemed her dream house. The same house she had told Jared about as a passing comment and yet here they stood, in front of the house she had envisioned her entire life.

 The same house she had told Jared about as a passing comment and yet here they stood, in front of the house she had envisioned her entire life

"How?" She managed to stutter out.

Jared beamed in delight as he took in the shock on her face, "I know we haven't talked about it much but you're it for me and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, nothing is going to change that. No matter what happens next, I want us to have a home. A place only for us, a place we call home. I know your family situation hasn't been the best lately so I wanted to give you an escape, somewhere away from all the stress. I want this to be our home."

"You did all this for me?" Neveah spoke faintly as tears began to well up in her eyes. She couldn't believe he had done this.

Jared hugged her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder, "I did this for us. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. As much as I love the Pack, I wanted us to have our own space. Somewhere we could both come home to at the end of the day and just know the other would be there too. The Pack helped build the house after the Council had signed over the land to us, all you have to do is sign the papers and then we get to call this home forever."

"Forever?" Neveah asked as she leaned into his warmth.

"With you? Always."

"I like the sound of that."

"He built you a house?" Bella screamed

"He built you a house?" Bella screamed. Neveah had to tell someone as it was too much excitement to hold in her little body.

Neveah beamed, "He did."

"I'm happy for you. After what happened in your previous relationship, I'm glad you've found someone like Jared that loves and cares about you unconditionally." Bella smiled. Sure it hurt to talk about love after everything Edward did but Neveah was her best friend after all and all she wanted was for her to be happy.

Neveah laid her head on Bella's lap, "Thank you, it means a lot coming from you, especially after everything that happened before. Jared is amazing and different and I know he loves me."

When Jared had first asked her out, she didn't know what to think. She knew he wasn't a bad guy but when you've been hurt emotionally, verbally and physically, yo become a different person and guard your heart. Jared had somehow broken down those walls and when she had told him about her previous relationship, they cried together because no one should have to go through what she did. Neveah was just glad that Jared was her knight in shining armour and proved how much he truly cared about her. He showed her how much he cared about her everyday and it was heartwarming to be loved the way he truly loved her.

"I know I'm not the biggest fan of Sam's crew but they make you happy, Jared especially and it feels good seeing a smile on your face." Bella spoke up, bringing Neveah out of her thoughts.

Neveah nodded, "I know and I'm glad you've been able to put your feelings aside and see how much they mean to me. I've missed having you around and being able to talk about anything."

"Me too, we should do this more often."

"I like the sound of that."