3 | friends

"I can't wait till we finish this year

"I can't wait till we finish this year." Neveah sighed as she sat down at her table at lunch. The one thing she was grateful for, was that she had friends away from Bella and they were there when she needed them.

Barry scoffed, "I know what you mean. If I have to endure another lecture by Mr. Granger about the dangers of the Internet, I will kill him. I don't know how much more I can take."

"Oh, get over yourself. I have to endure Mrs. Gonzales bitching about her personal life, when she knows I understand everything she says in Spanish. One of these days, I'm going to smack her." Daisy glared.

Neveah laughed, "So, to conclude, we have all have sucky teachers. Now, Barry, what did you want to talk about?" The dark haired male had been texting Neveah all weekend, needing to tell her something but she had been too busy dealing with her own problems and she felt bad that she hadn't been there for her friend like she was supposed to be.

"I can't keep doing this anymore." Barry sighed before he continued, "I hate being at home with them. I thought I was doing something right by getting good grades but they have been nothing more than horrible. I can't stand to be around them anymore."

Neveah and Daisy knew he was going through a lot at home. Emotional and physical abuse but they hoped with his brother visiting it would get better but it appears they had been wrong. Their hearts went out to him and they did everything they could to help him.

"You can stay with me at Micheal's if you want?"

"I'd like that. Thank you." Barry smiled.

Neveah returned the smile, "Anytime."

"Now that we've gotten over all the sentiments, tell me about the guy you have been talking to." Daisy interrupted as she and Barry stared at Neveah with intrigue. Neveah had made the mistake of telling her friends about Jared, knowing how they could get when it came to her love life.

Neveah rolled her eyes, "You two are unbelievable. But he has asked me to a bonfire and I was wondering if you could help me get ready. I have no idea what to wear and you always look amazing."

Daisy smirked, "Of course. I know I dress amazing. You never catch me slipping."

"And you'll have me there for moral support

"And you'll have me there for moral support." Barry grinned.

"What would I do without you both? Honestly, I don't even know why he would go for some like me." Neveah sighed.

"Hey, you're an amazing girl and he'd be lucky to have you. And notice, I charitably said 'girl' and not 'person', because let's face it, I'd smoke all you bitches." Daisy and Neveah laughed at their best friend as the bell rang for their next class. Neveah was grateful for the friends that she had and knew she could go to them for anything but most of all, she loved that they were there to pick up after a bad day whenever she needed it.

 Neveah was grateful for the friends that she had and knew she could go to them for anything but most of all, she loved that they were there to pick up after a bad day whenever she needed it

"What are you doing out here by yourself?"

Neveah looked up to find Jared standing above her, "Just needed some fresh air." She had decided to come down to the beach after a long day to clear her head, especially after the conversation she had, had with her parents.

"You seem stressed," Jared spoke before sitting down next to her. He could feel her sadness and he wanted nothing more than to cheer her up as she didn't like seeing her sad.

"Stressed, exhausted, annoyed, frustrated, you name it. I don't know what to feel anymore. I feel like everyone expects me to me this person, but I can't figure out who I really am." Neveah vented. It felt good to get some of the weight off of her shoulders.

Jared smiled as she placed her head on his shoulder, "I don't know what to tell you but I'm here. Anything you need, I got you. I don't know what you're going through but I'll listen and help you in any way that I can." He wanted to be there for her. She was his imprint but he knew nothing about her and he wanted to get to know her more. It scared him that he was so willing to do anything for her but he knew, she'd do the same.

"Thank you, Jared."

"Any time. Anything for you."