9 | powers

"What happened?"

"What happened?"

Neveah couldn't stop shaking as she sat in the arms of her boyfriend in the Pack house. She and Bella had been hiking through the woods because the brunette wanted to let go of her relationship with Edward and she didn't want to do it alone. It had been going fine until they had come across a vampire that wanted to kill Bella but that wasn't the worst part. Neveah had gotten so mad at the vampire that lightening literally struck where he was standing and obliterated him and there was nothing more than a black ashy spot where he was standing, neither woman knowing what had just happened or why it had happened in the first place but at least they were alive.

The wolves had found them shortly after the incident after they had smelt the scent of a vampire but were baffled when they had come across no vampire and the two of them shaking in fear with what they had just seen. Neveah had asked her to go back to the house, promising to explain everything later while the Pack took her to the Pack house and called her brother.

"I guess her powers have finally come in." Micheal spoke.

Jared tightened his grip on his girlfriend, "What does that mean?"

"Certain seer's have abilities that aid them in upcoming battles and I guess in this case, she is able to control the weather, including lightening. I have to call one of my contacts to begin her training." Micheal explained.

Sam frowned in confusion, "Why didn't we know about this?"

"I don't have to tell you everything. It is my job to protect my family and in order to do that, certain information is told to selective people. I know you worry about the Tribe but the Elders know and they have agreed not to say anything until her powers started to present." Micheal clarified as he looked at the Alpha.

"We should have been told." Sam glared.

Micheal scoffed, "It is my responsibility to keep her safe and that's exactly what I have been doing. You do not get to have an opinion about how I protect my family when the way you handle this Pack is questionable at best."

"Are you questioning my authority?"

"Someone has to."

"How are you feeling about all of this?"

Neveah sighed, "I don't know. I have always had a feeling that I could do more but I did not think I would be capable of something like this. This scares me. I don't want to hurt the people I care about, especially you. I just really hope that Micheal's friend can help me figure out how to control my powers."

Jared pressed a kiss to her head, "He will. You will figure this out. I know what it's like to have these powers and not understand why it's happening and how to control them. You are not alone and we will do everything we can to make sure your protected and trained."

"You know Sam isn't going to be happy about this?" Neveah spoke.

Jared shook his head, "I know but I also know that I will do everything I can to protect you and there is nothing he can do about it. Besides, the rest of the Pack have noticed how selfish he has been lately and he's been playing favorites so it's only a matter of time before the Elders step in, especially after Micheal speaks to them."

"Would you ever take over the Pack if they asked Sam to step down?"

Jared shrugged, "I don't really want to but everyone has realised lately that Sam hasn't been doing a good job and eventually someone is really going to get hurt, what happened to you and Bella just proved that but do I think I'll ever be ready, I don't know."

"I think you would. Everyone already respects you and you just have a way of making everyone seem comfortable and safe. You stand by what's right, even if you bump heads with people and understand the impact certain actions have. What happened to me and Bella could have easily been avoided if Sam put his foot down with certain people and listened to the rest of the Pack. I know you don't really want to step up but I think you could be exactly what this Pack needs." Neveah reassured.

Jared sighed, "I really hope it doesn't come to that."

"I'm afraid that everything will be changing soon."

"I'm afraid you might be right."