17 | fears

The days after graduation had been busy for everyone

The days after graduation had been busy for everyone. The Pack had been preparing for the battle while the girls prepared for their future. Neveah had been accepted into Washington State an was getting some summer reading done as she wanted to be prepared when she started her course. Bella had been accepted into NYU and had spent the past couple of days packing her things while spending time her dad and her mum had even come to visit. Neveah and Bella were excited for their futures but the upcoming battle had them both worried for the people they cared about.

"What if something goes wrong?"

Neveah shook her head, "I'm worried too but we can't think like that. I know its scary but the boys know what they are doing. They will protect the land and they will protect us." The closer the battle got, the worse her nightmares got. Knowing that Jared was out there sacrificing himself for his people, scared her because she couldn't imagine her life without him. He meant everything to her.

"I know but the last thing I want is for them to get hurt because of me. This is my fault. I dont want them to get hurt because of them something that I brought alone. None of them asked for this." Bella spoke sadly. Despite everyone telling her it wasn't her fault, she knew it was and she didn't want anyone to get hurt because of her. The Pack had done everything they could to protect her and she knew she couldn't live with herself if any of them got hurt.

"I know you're worried but they know what they're doing. They have trained for this and I know this is scary, hell I'm terrified but they have each other's backs and they will get this done." Neveah reassured her. Well, more like she was trying to reassure herself that everything was going to be fine.

Bella smiled softly, "Its okay to be scared, I know how much you care about them, especially Jared but like you said, they will be fine." She didn't like seeing her friend so upset. Neveah wasn't one for showing she was scared  and always put on a brave face but anyone could see that she was terrified of what was to come.

"You think so?"

"I know so. Like you said, they have trained for this."

"I figured I would find you here

"I figured I would find you here."

She hadn't meant to but she hid herself away. She was scared and just needed to gather her own thoughts before she saw her boyfriend. She didn't want him to know that she was terrified to lose him, to lose the most important person to her but she knew she couldn't hide everything she was feeling, he knew her better than that and sometimes she hated it.

Neveah didn't reply to him as he sat behind her, wrapping his arms around her as she rested her back on his chest. He didn't say anything as he waited for her to gather her thoughts. He knew she wasn't one for talking but clearly something was bothering her and it hurt him to know she wouldn't talk to him.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

Jared pressed a kiss to her shoulder, "You have nothing to be sorry for. You have been through so much and I know how much this scares you. I can't promise you that nothing will happen to me but I promise I will do everything I can to come back to you. I know you're scared and you have every right to be, but we will get through this." He didn't like seeing her upset because of him.

Neveah sighed as she moved to rest her head on his shoulder, "I'm scared, I'm scared you're not going to come back to me. I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you but I'm scared that won't happen. I don't want you to leave me." She could feel the tears brimming in her eyes as she thought about anything happening to Jared. He meant the world to her after all.

Jared tightened his grip, "I know you're scared but I'm not leaving you. We have a beautiful future planned. We are going to get married, start a family and live happily ever after. No one and nothing can take that away from us. I am always going to fight my hardest to come back to you. You are the love of my life and I want to spend forever with you. I can't see what's coming but you can and I know what you've seen scared you. Please talk to me." He knew she rarely talked about her vision, letting it play out for the greater good but clearly something she had seen scared her enough to withdraw herself from the people she cared about.

"I saw someone get hurt. I couldn't see who it was but someone got hurt because of the army. A vampire wrapped their arms around so tight that half the bones in their body was broken. The more I thought about it, the more I saw you. I can't lose you." She cried as she hugged him tightly. She knew Jared could protect himself but the more she thought about what had happened, the more she couldn't fathom the idea of losing him.

Jared ran a hand through her hair, "I'm here. I'm okay. I can't promise you that the vision won't come true but I'm not leaving you. Its okay to be scared but don't let that stop you from living in the now. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

"I just don't want to lose you."

"You won't. I promise."