16 | graduation

"If I kill them, they were asking for it

"If I kill them, they were asking for it."

The past few days had been stressful for both girls as they prepared for their graduation while getting ready for the battle. Charlie's alibi had been sorted and he would be far away from the battle. Bella had been worried about him but she was glad he wasn't going to be anywhere near the battle. Neveah had made sure the house was warded from any supernatural creatures, including some of the Pack. She simply refused to invite Sam and Jacob in, especially considering what they had put the Pack and Bella through.

Bella rolled her eyes, "As much as I know you would enjoy that, we are graduating today. Leave the killing for another day. Please?"

"You're lucky I love you." Neveah pouted.

Bella laughed as she ushered her friend towards their seats, "Come on, this will be before you know it." And like she said, it was almost over before they knew it. They sat through the speeches from all the teachers and Valedictorian before it was time for the names.

"Neveah Apisi."

"Isabella Swan."

The two girls hugged each other after they had gotten their Diplomas. They took pictures with their friends before going over to their families. Charlie, Renee and Phil were there for Bella and they had come running towards her when she walked towards them. Micheal, Eden and Jared were there for Neveah, she wasn't even surprised that neither of her parents were there.

"I am so proud of you." Micheal spoke before hugging her tightly. His little sister had been through a lot and he was so proud that despite everything that was happening, she still managed to graduate at the top of her class and get a full scholarship ride to Washington State.

Neveah beamed, "Thank you." Her parents might not be there for her but her big brother was and right now, that was all she needed.

As soon as Michael had let her go, Jared scooped her up in a big hug, "You did it." He was so proud of her. He couldn't have been more proud to watch his girlfriend get her diploma after everything she had been through. She was moving on with her life and choosing herself.

"Are you glad it's over?"

"I've never been more glad."

"SURPRISE!"

"SURPRISE!"

The Pack had decided to throw Neveah a surprise party for all of her hard work, with her close friends and family. The party had been amazing, lots of food, drinks and music. She was glad to spend one of the most memorable days of her life with the people she cared about. Her mood had dampened a little when her parents texted her their congratulations.

"What are you doing out here?" She had needed a moment so she found a log to sit on with a drink in her hand, away from the party which is where Jared found her.

"I just needed a minute." Neveah replied as she took a sip of her drink.

Jared sat down next to her, "Talk to me." He hated seeing her upset. Her graduation should be one of the best days of her life but instead she was sat by herself, clearly upset about something and it was ruining her mood and he was not okay with that.

"My parents texted me. They said they had more important things to do than attend my graduation. I mean, I only graduate once yet they had more important things to do, just goes to show how much they really care about me." Neveah scoffed as she took another sip of her drink.

"Fuck them." Jared replied as Neveah looked at him in shock, "You are an amazing human being and I am the luckiest guy in the world because I get to call you my girlfriend, I get to call you my future wife and the mother of my future children. You are everything and if they can't see that, then it's their loss. I love you and I will spend the rest of my life showing you just how much. If they don't care, fuck them because you have people that love and cherish you." The more he heard about her parents, the more he wanted nothing more than to kill them for hurting her.

Neveah laughed, "You sure as hell know how to cheer me up. Thank you."

"I meant what I said. You're amazing and fuck anyone that can't see that. You are wonderful and you deserve the world." Jared reminded her as he pulled her closer.

"I love you, you know?"

"I do and I love you too."