14 | future

"So what are your plans for the future?"

Neveah had spent the weekend cleaning the house and looking after her niece, whom she loved spending time with. Jared had been so busy training the Pack and being on Patrol that they hadn't really spent any time together but they both knew how important it was to be at their best when the army of vampires came.

"I'm going to Washington State to become a teacher while shadowing another teacher at the local Primary School. It's going to be tough but this is what I want and I seriously hope that the Cullen's will be gone by then or at least that the trouble they have brought our way will be over." Neveah explained as she picked up Eden's toys from the floor while she took a nap.

Bella sighed, "You seem to have everything planned already."

"You don't?" Neveah frowned.

"I know what I want but I don't want to create anymore problems, especially with the Cullen's. I don't want it to seem like I'm ungrateful for everything they have done for me so far." Bella replied.

Neveah shook her head sternly, "This is your life, no one gets to dictate how you live it. I know you care about the Cullen's but you want to have a life without any regrets and if you keep wondering what they're going to think, you will. You deserve to be happy. I don't care what they think, this is your choice, a choice that no one gets to make. Be happy and do what you want. What do you want?"

"I want to go to NYU, get a degree in Literature and travel the world." Bella spoke confidently.

Neveah smiled, "There you go. You do know what you want. Go for it, the last thing you want is to regret not doing what you want. You have a future, a bright future and if that means defying what others want, then so be it. You have come so far in the last couple of months, I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you. You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that. I think before graduation I might go and see mum for a little bit. Get away and clear my head. I know what's coming and honestly it scares me a little, actually it scares me a lot." Bella sighed.

Neveah sat down next to her on the couch, "I think that's a good idea. Why don't you go this weekend? I know you've been stressing a while and I'm sure it'll do you some good. Besides, its not long till graduation and your dad is going fishing this weekend anyway." She tried to sound as casual as possible, knowing the redhead was going to show her face this weekend. Luckily, Charlie was going fishing with Billy so she didn't have to worry about him. Bella was supposed to stay at her house while she would protect her but being in Arizona with her mum meant it was one less thing for her to worry about.

"What's going on? And please don't lie to me." Bella asked as she looked at her friend.

Neveah looked at her sheepishly, "Victoria is going to show her face this weekend. Charlie is taken care of. I was going to ask you to stay this weekend but I think a trip to see your mum is what you need and frankly, it's one less thing we have to worry about."

Bella looked slightly scared as she took in the information that was just sprung on her, "What's the plan? I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. This is my fault, I should never have gotten involved with the Cullen's and now you could all get hurt."

"Stop. What's done is done. This isn't just your fault, its the Cullen's too. There are consequences to actions, especially when humans are involved. The Cullen's are going to take care of her on their side of the treaty and the Pack will take care of her on ours. Micheal and I are keeping an eye out and we've created a boundary around the treaty so we know where she is at all times and contain her if they can't catch her. We've got this. Enjoy your weekend." Neveah explained with a soft smile.

Bella exhaled, "I can't help but worry. I don't want any of you to get hurt because of me. I knew I loved Edward and part of me always will but I never really knew the consequences of getting involved with a vampire coven."

"Of course you wouldn't, Bella. You're human and you're new to all of this. It was the Cullen's responsibility to inform you of the dangers, I mean I'm sure Rosalie tried but no one actually listened to her and now look at what's happening. I'm not blaming only you because they should have known the consequences but you also can't be naive to what your actions have caused. I know you're trying your best to rectify your mistakes but don't be so hard on yourself, most of the blame goes to the Cullen's. You're only human after all." Neveah tried to explain without making the girl feel worse about what's happening.

Bella nodded, "I know, I just don't want anyone to get hurt."

"As long as we all work together, we'll be fine."

"You make it sound easier than I'm sure it'll be."