STARDATE 0005

Noah's hands are shaking

          Noah's hands are shaking. He hasn't seen SpaceLink in the sunlight before. At night, the lights only went to the third floor. Now, from what Noah can tell, they go into the sky which Chi fell from.

He could just take Chi to the top of the building and the man would probably be a million lightyears closer to home.

At the entrance, Noah's greeted with wide eyes from security guards. As a a potential student, should he wave hello and lay down formalities? Should he even act like he's never been here before? That he hasn't stolen half his trinkets and toys from them?

"H-hey, I'm here to see the professor..." Noah's mind goes blank. His collar's choking him up and his skin is far too sweaty for normal. "The one, you know, that... Can I just go in?"

The two guards separate to the side, the door sliding open with a swipe of a card. With a supportive pat/shove on his back from the security, Noah makes his way inside.

Consoles on the side of the metal walls have arrows directing him to the professor. But in the meanwhile, Noah takes his time looking around. Aesthetics have obviously been kept to a minimum, with bare metal walls and reinforced doors.

The sound of metal chairs scraping and loud chatter joined by the strong smell of fresh food has Noah speeding up to see where it's coming from. He hasn't ever seen anyone other than the security guards at SpaceLink and the prospect of meeting new like-minded people was something he always dreamed of.

Well, not under the circumstances he has to go through. But hey, if they didn't consider him a traitor to the planet, maybe this is where he's finally accepted for being a designer baby.

"Hey, what you up to?" A voice shouts. "Are you even allowed to be here?"

Noah slowly turns around to the voice, coming face to face with a space cadet. He can't help but fawn over meeting a real astronaut, well, soon to be astronaut.

"I'm here to see the professor. I-I have something to discuss with him." Noah tries to sidestep around the 5'7" guy, only to be met with a hand to the chest in a measly attempt to stop him. "Look, if I wasn't supposed to be here, I'm pretty sure the security would have cuffed me already. I got this far, didn't I?"

"I'm just doing my duty."

"Are you space cadet or are you ground control?" Noah forces his way past the nuisance, continuing to follow the arrow once more. Except this time, he's being followed by the little twerp.

Finally at the door, Noah presses the com panel, "Hi, I'm Noah Cross, I need to talk to the professor."

"He's going to call you an intruder." The kid mumbles behind him in his quirky, know-it-all tone.