STARDATE 0008

Ra'Nhia

          Ra'Nhia...Ra Kalaj.

That's who he really is. To myself and everyone else, he's the Nhia, the emperor's eldest son and next in line. In his mind, he's just Kalaj, even nicknaming himself Kal.

He asks me to call him by his first name and not Ra'Nhia, his honorific title.

'I am to care for you as you will for me. Please relax around me, Chieron.'

The Race is brutal, ruthless and bloody. But Ra still expects him to be relaxed? To take care of him even though he's planning on creating Chi's species just to hunt them down and kill them? What hypocrisy had the spoiled egotist been spoon-fed?

Chi doesn't know what's going on with Noah, but he assumes Noah beamed him to the small shuttle pod so he could escape. The tinkerer will probably use his genetically enhanced brain for a convoluted plan he's conjured up.

He turns on the main drive of the little shuttle pod and plots in the coordinates to the best of the ship's ability. The Terrans star charts were mediocre at best, only going as far to the solar system four stars over. Thankfully, the charts end where his home begins, tucked away in a nice polaric nebular.

Once he reaches the boundary, he'll either die caught in a polar net or reach the human equivalent of Valhalla. Hopefully, it's the latter.

He reaches maximum velocity, breaking through Earth ozone. The ship Noah and him are worrying about appears right in front of his view screen. He has less than ten seconds until someone notices him, so he makes a sharp turn left and drops speed.

If he can blend in with the rest of Earth junk-filled mesosphere, then maybe he can pass as a floating satellite that Ra would pay no attention to. He drifts through the gravitational waves, the ship scraping against metal debris and shrilling like nails on a chalkboard.

He's a few miles away from the shadowy side of Earth and he slumps into the seat. Finally, he's getting 'the hell outta here' as Pink-Skin puts it. But the more his thoughts wander to Noah, the more he knows he shouldn't.

The bond between Ra and himself is evident. Ra wouldn't have travelled across the half the quadrant to come and get just him. Or maybe Ra isn't even on the ship.

That makes Chi's blood boil. Imagine slashing through a ship full of Chasers like it was a slaughterhouse, only to find out its just a bunch of Ra's dopey cronies.

Ra's non-parallel to all and the only person who Chi can't kill. Not because he doesn't want to, but because he's untouchable.