STARDATE 0011 [M]

Chi doesn't leave the room for a several days

He knows Chi's alive because every time he tries to enter, Ra tells him to let Chi take his time.

"Don't bother him, pet, when he's ready he'll come out."

He listens the first time, and the second, but when the third time rolls around, he disregards the commanders' flimsy advice. If the man really cares for Chi, then he wouldn't be hunting him down like a wild animal.

Sliding the door open, Chi's silhouette stands by the window. Every now and then, the flash of bright passing stars reflects in teary crystal eyes.

Chi, with superior hearing, probably hears him enter, but the man makes no attempt to move or greet him. His shoulders are taught and rigid. His neck, marred with old scars, lead up to a face hidden in messy blue strands of hair.

In the background, Alexa plays 'Fly Me to the Moon' by Frank Sinatra. Noah waits for the song to finish before speaking, but as soon as it ends, the track replays.

Noah left him alone for far too long. Damn the commander for thinking he's right. He damn's himself even more for believe the doofus. God, it's like believe your geometry teacher is right when they say you'll need to know what a stupid kite is in the future.

Noah believed the commander, and now, he can practically feel the despair radiating off of the bluenette.

"Chi-"

"Quiet."

Oh. Well, that was the most wonderful conversation of 2126.

He moves to the bed, the sheets missing and instead wrapped around his lithe figure. Noah assumes the sheets around Chi are more of a fashion accessory than a blanket because the room is at least at least forty degrees celsius.

This is why all his power cells ran out back home. During the time he was away, Chi must have turned the thermostat up to Sahara Desert degrees.

What's worse, being stuck with Chi on a different planet or going back to earth with sky-high bills?

"Chi, you should come out of the room. It's not healthy to stay cooped up for so long." Also, I'm really worried (and lonely). I would prefer to look after you (and for us to be lonely together).

"Ra'Nhia must be having an oh-so-joyous time with you right now," Chi mumbles, his voice deep and humourless.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He isn't one to be easily offended by others, but Chi isn't just some other person. The occasional comment he'd let slip, everyone has their moments. The issue bothering him is Chi's been like this for days; and in only a few more, they'll be on Rinar.

"Nothing... despite the fact you don't seem to understand the word quiet."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused."