STARDATE 0006

Chi had seen his planet for the first time, outran the chase, beaten Ra'Nhia at his own game, and had now seen the cherubic smile of someone who appreciates him commensurately

          Chi had seen his planet for the first time, outran the chase, beaten Ra'Nhia at his own game, and had now seen the cherubic smile of someone who appreciates him commensurately. If that doesn't tick off all the boxes in on someones bucket list, then he doesn't know what will.

The roar of his stomach is sedated and his head is breezy and in the clouds after the several days of rest he's received. His chest still hurts when he moves, but the regenerator removed the chance of scaring.

Secretly, part of him longs to keep the warrior puncture for he can brag about it (especially after the human told him it makes him look "hard as f*ck, dude"). When he gets to the new homeworld, people will see his chest and their eyes will fill with reverence. At least, that's what he hopes.

He has scars, lots and lots of them. One large scar on his back runs from his trapezius and twists and turns until it reaches his lumbar region. He had cried in agony for days, especially when the fingers of a soldier had curled under his skin and brutally separated the tender flesh from muscle. He genuinely thought he was going to be skinned alive and worn as a coat.

He couldn't walk properly for weeks because of his back. He couldn't look at his reflection for mouths because of his shame.

When he escaped the compound, he made sure the guards who reduced him to a dough of bones and ripped up tissue experienced what he did. After that, Chi didn't need a mirror to tell him who he was -who he is now.

On his old planet, it's every Issaoak for themselves. Here, everything's gentle; the people, gentle; the food, bland and tasteless, yet still gentle on his stomach; the clothes, modest and not anything like the belittling clothes of female Issaoak.

Everything about this place is... soft.

And the humans' skin... the humans' skin was so silky underneath his calloused fingers. If he pressed down hard enough, he could probably feel the protrusion of his ribs and the rapid beating of the pink skins' heart. If his hands had trailed further down, he would have been able to trace the soft muscle and V-bones of his abdomen that jut out beneath the jumpsuit.

But the human had, as he called it, 'flipped his shit'.

"You ready to go home?" Noah asks, rising from his place under the tree and tucking a book under his shoulder. "We can take the... the erm, cow?... to the workshop and leave it in a status field."

He throws the limp cow to the ground, shrugging his shoulders in an almost human nonchalance, "It tastes bad after it stops moving, you can have some, though."

Chi holds back laugher as the pink skin's face pales before taking on a bright pink hue, "Thanks... but you've turned me veggie for a good few months."