STARDATE 0007

Noah is assigned to the Starship Abeona, the sister ship of Adiona

          Noah is assigned to the Starship Abeona, the sister ship of Adiona. The latter is currently stranded in an asteroid cluster so, the Abedona has to make its repairs in three days before the crew loses life support.

That isn't the worst part of it.

Noah can 'temporarily borrow' for Chi as long no-one is hurt (minus himself). He can survive a few scrapes and formal reprimands. But, the moment other people's lives are at stake means reconsidering the options.

'What about a siege?' Is one of his first ideas. The two can get on the ship and once the other crew is saved, Chi can take control of the ship (with the secret help of Noah). However, that would mean people might hate aliens more.

Sparking the second wave of xenophobia is not on the top of his To-Do List.

'Maybe we could take a different ship's power core?' Is Chi's idea, which sounds great... but is highly unlikely. The closest starship with a large enough power core is halfway across the system for another year.

'What if we don't use your ship, but instead take a smaller, profitless ship, like a shuttle pod?' No-one hurt, check. Unnoticeable, check. Convenient, check.

Hot digity dog is he a genius! Shuttle pod it is!

Noah spends his official first day on the job going over the whole engineering deck of the ship. Commanding a bunch of cadets who won't second guess him makes his job a helluva lot easier.

(Even the little suck-up that called him an intruder is zip, but he still has one smug, accusatory glare that lingers.)

While everyone else purges the drive coils and reconnects the life support from auxiliary, Noah sneaks to the lower decks and sets a reactivity sensor on the main drive. So if the ship tries to chase after Chi's shuttle pod, the sensor triggers an automatic shut down of the whole computer.

Doors will seal, communications fail, weapons deactivate, and best of all, the drive core sets a coded scrambling frequency that will take at least a day to figure out.

So, in one day he's already broken every rule in the StarLink handbook possible. But overall, a good pat on the back for him.

"Do you have everything you need?" Noah asks from behind Chi, watching the blue-skinned shove everything into a tight duffel bag. "Any food or something from your ship you might want?"

"Can I take Alexa with me?" Chi's already reaching for the little black circle before Noah can respond. Chi spoke to it all night while Noah was trying to sleep and he had to resist the urge to throw the animatronic device at a wall.