Chapter 6

The Gift of Apples

After she helped Killian find a proper tie for his wedding and taught him how to put it on, Alicia Knights looked for something new to do in the gardens. Tea was long over and the servants were clearing away the area. Alicia gave them a subtle nod as she walked past them. She stood at the edge of the forest, simply staring up at the trees around her. She walked along the edge until she found the apple orchards. She chuckled slightly. Ali knew the Charming family weren't too fond of apples, but it was a great investment for the land.

Thinking apples would be an ironic gift for Snow, Alicia grabbed one of the hand-woven baskets that sat on a table nearby. She neared the trees and jumped up onto the branches, climbing high enough to where she could reach the fruit. Alicia began to collect the apples, making sure to twist and never yank. It was a great time consumption and it gave the princess some time to clear her head.

She thought about many things; mostly about Hook and Emma's wedding. Ali knew from the moment she met the pirate that he would be great with Emma. Both were stubborn, hotheaded, and too into ambitious for their own good. After playing matchmaker with Belle and Red, all three ladies managed to convince Emma to give the one-handed pirate a chance for her heart. He had proven himself worthy so far. Ali was so lost in her mind, she didn't hear the person approaching her.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for the wedding?" A voice yelled up to her. Ali growled and glanced down at the boy who stood under the tree she was in. She quickly closed her legs when she remembered he could probably see her knickers. She jumped down and raised an eyebrow to the boy she came to know as Peter Pan.

"I would like some time to myself if you don't mind, Mr. Peter Pan," she said and dusted her dress off. He chuckled. He rolled his sleeves up and grabbed a basket of his own.

"Let me help you," he said and lifted himself up onto a tree. Alicia watched as he did. She didn't fight against him and instead, she followed his actions in another tree. They worked in silence for a good half hour, until Peter Pan decided to interrupt.

"So princess, tell me, how exactly did you find yourself in the mix with Regina?" He asked and Ali narrowed her eyes.

"It is absolutely none of your business." She snapped. The boy chuckled.

"You've got fire. I like fire," he whispered. Ali narrowed her eyes at him. She jumped down from the tree gripped onto the basket tightly as headed back towards the castle. She glanced behind her and saw Peter following her, with his basket as well.

"Stop following me!" She snapped. He chuckled. He didn't respond.

Once they reached the castle gates, Ali turned to him sharply.

"You seem fairly interested in my family's past. Should I be concerned with your actions?" She asked in a dangerously low voice. Peter only grinned in response.

"Just trying to get to know the beautiful lady before me."

Alicia watched with narrowed eyes as he walked inside. She didn't know what he played at, but she did know she had to be cautious around him.

Peter Pan didn't look like someone you could mess with and still live to tell the tale.

~

Next Day...

"I hate this bloody thing," she snapped as her nurse suddenly yanked on her corset and tightened it way too much. She groaned and whined.

This happens way too often, she thought to herself and stuck her arms out straight as the nurse slipped her dress onto her. Ali shifted her dress around.  The dress was absolutely beautiful. It reached the floor and was a strapless sweetheart cut. The skirt was a beige color with a silky texture. The top was covered with a black lacey design with patches of the same material on the skirt. When Alicia smoothed her dress she twirled the fabric in her fingers and sighed. Such a perfect dress for a wonderful occasion.

"Miss, it's time for your makeup and hair." Another maid walked in and Alicia nodded before taking a seat and letting the maids and nurse finish her look.

When her makeup and hair were done to perfection, her tiara was placed in her hair carefully and her heels were slipped on. She was pleased with her appearance.

"I look amazing!" Ali exclaimed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She admired herself happily before turning to the maids.

"You both did a great job. Away with you now, take the day off or something," she commanded. Alicia was soon left alone.

She took a deep breath.

"Time for the wedding," she muttered. She walked out her room into the huge main hall, where the ceremony would take place. A tight smile graced the young girl's face as she wormed her way through the guests. Alicia finally found her seat at the front and sat down, smiling to Henry who sat next to her.

"You excited?" She whispered to him. The young Prince shrugged.

"I guess. I think weddings are just overrated," he mumbled as a familiar melody began to play from the string quartet. Alicia stood with the rest of the guests and sighed under her breath.

"I think so too."

*unedited*