Chapter 25

Promises

Alicia remembered the first time she met Flynn Rider, the man who married Rapunzel De Corona, a princess from the East Seas. He was a thief who had randomly saved the long lost princess from her kidnapper after 18 years of isolation. And with his great deed, he earned the love and respect of his wife and a new kingdom.

Alicia's first encounter was at their wedding. She, Regina, and the Charming family were all invited as guests. Ali had very much enjoyed their wedding cake.

When they were introduced, he wasn't Flynn Rider anymore but went by his true name, Eugene Fitzherbert.

So she wasn't exactly convinced when Peter claimed he was her brother.

"You're lying," Alicia simply said. She tossed her hair to snub Pan but all he did was chuckle in response.

"Why would I lie?"

"Because you're an ass," she snapped. Peter handed her more papers with more sketches. Ali threw them away, not even looking at them.

"I'm not interested in your lies."

"But I'm not lying," he growled back, "he resides in a realm called Wonderland. His power even rivals yours. In fact, not only is he your brother, but he's also your twin."

She scoffed. Alicia stood to her feet and dusted off her clothes. She crossed her arms and turned to Pan.

"Flynn Rider is married to Princess Rapunzel and he looks nothing like those sketches," she said but Pan immediately cut her off.

"You met Eugene Fitzherbert, a man who took the name of your brother to escape the law. The real Flynn Rider is your brother and he looks exactly like those pictures," he responded. Alicia frowned and let out another scoff.

"Okay. Say you are correct and I do have a brother in Wonderland by the name of Flynn Rider... Why should I care?" She hissed. Peter was taken back for a moment. He was sure the princess would be overjoyed that she had more family out there. Instead, she looked as if she didn't care.

"I just thought-"

"If he is out there and doing whatnot, you telling me is useless. I made a promise with you to stay here on Neverland. Just like you said, I can never leave," she said. Of all the things he thought she would counter with, this wasn't it. He let out a sigh as she handed back the papers.

"I'll take you to Wonderland. If you'd like," he suddenly said. His words surprised not only Alicia but himself too. For a split second, Ali considered his gift.

But if there was anything Rumpelstiltskin and Regina had taught her, it was that all magic came with a price.

Even when making magic-less deals with a monster.

"What's your price?"

"Excuse me?"

"I find it really hard to believe that you are willing to take me to a new realm just because you're feeling nice. So what's the catch?"

Peter hummed before leaning back against the cave wall. He didn't want anything and that's what bothered him.

Why did he want to take Alicia somewhere where she could potentially leave him?

It caused an unknown fire to burn in his chest.

"No price. Consider it your birthday gift," he whispered.

She didn't believe him.

Alicia was a lot of things, including impatient, annoying, and hot-headed.