Chapter 19

A Deal is a Deal

From a young age, before she ever met Regina and the Charming's, Alicia was certain of one thing;

Magic always came with a price.

It was such a simple yet complicated concept. What consisted of a price wasn't always something materialized, it could be something as far as someone's memories, youth, or even life.

So it was no surprise that in exchange her friend's freedom, the price was three of most treasured secrets.

After arguing with Jack that the ledge appeared, not because she had said something sexual, but because she had revealed an intimate secret, Alicia sat crisscrossed on the floor of the caves, staring expectedly at the ledge. She thought of different secrets she could expose, but she didn't exactly have any that she would consider price worthy.

"This is ridiculous," she growled and let her head fall to her hands. She began to massage the migraine away but her head continued to hurt, especially when Jack would speak.

"Just say anything, love, I'm sure it'll work."

Alicia huffed and stood up again.

"Fine."

She thought silently for a minute before speaking to the cave walls.

"I don't have any fucking secrets!" She huffed and stomped her feet.

"You live a boring life," Jack snapped before jiggling the cage.

"No, I live a life of peace and quiet. At least I did. This is all your fault by the way!" Alicia snapped and Jack gawked at her.

"How?!"

"I'm don't know yet, but I'm sure I'll find a reason."

Jack frowned and turned his back to Ali, finding it impossible to win against the stubborn girl.

"I have to leave now," she announced suddenly and Jack immediately protested.

"You can't leave us here!"

"I don't have a choice, Pan must already know I left, he'll soon find me snooping around."

"But what about food-"

"I love you, Will, see you all later!"

"Alicia, come back here!"

~

Instead of heading back to camp, Ali decided to waste her time by the ocean. She knew Pan would soon track her down and the further she was from her tied-up friends, the better it was for them.

It occurred to her that Peter would kill Jack and her friends if he felt like it. She had to be careful and try not to upset the boy. Alicia let out a soft sigh. She sat on a sandy bay, watching as the waves barely touched the tip of her boots and then retreated away from her.

"There you are."

Alicia glanced back and saw Pan glaring at her. His face was a new shade of red she hadn't seen. His eyes were narrowed at her but all Ali could do was turn back to stare at the sea.

"You ignoring me now?"

Peter sat down next to the young girl and watched the waves as well.

"I'm not ignoring you. I just have nothing to say."

Pan scoffed.

"You left camp without my permission."

"I was bored."