Chapter 16

Alicia's Fate

It was a sunny day. Alicia was allowed outside and she was actually thankful for Peter letting her soak in the sun. She sat alone on a log, soaking in as much sun as she possibly could before she was thrown back into the tent prison.

"What are you doing?" Felix asked from his spot next to her. The blond was granted the job of watching over Alicia and making sure she ate her breakfast. He was not pleased.

"The sun feels nice. Would be even better if you would let me go swimming," she muttered but Felix shook his head.

"Pan said you aren't allowed to leave camp yet. He wouldn't want to lose his main attraction," he mused as he watched the other lost boys rumble.

Alicia frowned but didn't question anything. For the past two days, Ali had heard side comments about her presence being there. The more she questioned, the more Pan ignored her. She knew if she continued to question everything she would never get a straight answer. In result, she decided to keep her mouth shut for the most part. She wasn't looking forward to the future.

Alicia nudged Felix and handed him a hairbrush and a couple of ties, as she did every morning. Ali moved to sit in front of the lost boy, her back towards him. Felix tried to brush the girl's curly hair but failed. Alicia had tried to tell him multiple times that curly hair was never meant to be brushed but Felix wouldn't pay attention.

She grunted when he accidentally yanked too hard on her hair. He apologized softly but clicked his tongue.

"Your hair is more tangled today than usual," Felix commented. Alicia huffed.

"It doesn't help that all you have to wash with is a bar of handmade soap. We ran out, by the way," Alicia said as the boy began to braid a crown with her hair. Felix shrugged, not caring much. He was too focused on braiding her hair.

"I'll tell Slightly to make more," he muttered as he decorated the now finished crown with fresh flowers the younger boys had picked. When finished, Felix stood up and left Alicia alone as he always did. He walked off to find Peter, who had been watching carefully as Felix and Alicia interacted.

"We're out of soap, apparently, and Alicia has requested to be taken to the river later," Felix said. Peter hummed and glanced at the blond.

"I think it's time to take her to Skull Rock."

"I believe so, Pan."

~

Alicia was upset.

Peter Pan dragged her through the jungle alone, claiming he was going to show her something. Ali figured this was how she was going to die.

"If you're going to murder me, do it quickly and silently. I'm tired and want to sleep," Ali snapped as she leaped over a fallen log. She heard Pan chuckle from behind her.

"I'm not going to murder you. You think about these things too much."

"Well, when you drag a girl into a dark jungle, she has to assume this is her last day alive."

Pan smirked. He was amused by a lot of the things Alicia said and did. He was beginning to grow accustomed to being around her.

"You're just a downright firecracker, aren't ya?" Pan mused. Alicia shrugged and toppled over when her leg caught onto a branch. Pan watched as she fell to the ground. He stared down at her with a click of his tongue before lifting her back up to her feet. Ali grunted and shoved him away.

"I don't need your help."

"Then stay on the ground," Peter said and pushed Alicia back to the jungle floor with another shove. She yelped and snarled at him, having the urge to trip him. But she decided against it.