Chapter 8

Captain

"I have been offended," Alicia snapped as she crossed her arms angrily and glared up at her superior. Regina mirrored her glare.

"You are not going to captain a pirate ship! It's dangerous," she snapped. Ali frowned.

"You insult my abilities, you really do," Alicia groaned and glanced to Henry, who was particularly quiet.

"I promise I'll be careful. I doubt anyone would want to mess with me," Ali said confidently and crossed her arms.

"If you get hurt, I swear-"

"I'll be careful, Regina, just please let me go. If u want me to stay with you, I have to cut loose ends!" She insisted. The queen rolled her eyes.

"That one-handed pirate will rue the day he let you borrow his ship," she grunted and walked away, Henry following his mother close.

Killian Jones had allowed Alicia Knights to borrow his ship and crew while he was away on his honeymoon. Ali jumped at the opportunity to sail the sea once again for the last time. She had never been a captain, just a ship hand, but despite being a background character, Alicia still had her tales of incomplete revenge. She feared what her hidden enemies would do as soon as she gained power.

So she planned to stop them before they could get to her first.

~

"It's time Pan," Felix muttered to his leader as they stood outside the castle. Peter nodded slowly before glancing at the lost boys.

"This trip was worth it, boys. But now we must return to the island. A new player is about to enter the game," Peter announced with a smirk. The boys hummed in anticipation before Pan turned to Felix again.

"Inform the royal family we're leaving already. Make up an excuse and meet us at the docks. We're going back to Neverland."

Felix nodded before trudging away. Peter took charge and began to head into the woods, heading towards the dock with the lost boys following close.

For years and years, Peter had been missing something from his life. Looking for something that the island couldn't provide anymore.

More power.

The Manticore of the island told him so. The Manticore told him the island had nothing else to offer him. He needed a new source of magic.

And what better magic than the future queen of the Enchanted Forest?

~

"Here," Regina muttered as she handed Alicia a beautiful necklace. It had a liquid inside and it was covered in diamonds from the mines of the Thousand Waters Cave. Alicia admired it.

"What's is that?" She asked, referring to the unknown liquid inside the necklace. Regina clicked her tongue before clipping it around Alicia's neck.

"It is a special liquid by the name of Myriall. It comes from the highest mountain in the land of the fairies."

"What does it do?"

"Protects you. Say someone casts a spell on you, the liquid in the necklace will not allow you to react towards the spell. It's practically like a protection spell, but better."

Alicia nodded but couldn't help but feel a tingle of offense. Regina didn't seem to believe she could take care of herself, even though she spent most of her life alone.

"You do realize I grew up on the streets, yes? I know how to protect myself."

"I don't care," Regina snapped, "it's also a tracking device. If you press the dangling diamond, then it will send a signal to me that you are in danger. And I can help you. Okay?"