Chapter 3

The Horse & I

Alicia Knights walked down the stairs in the Charming's castle, suddenly finding it hard to watch where she stepped over her puffy dress. She cursed silently before stopping to rest, her heels making it impossible for her to move faster.

"Fuck these medieval ways, we should invest in electricity," she snapped to herself. After ten minutes she reached the bottom of the stairs and sighed happily. Just as she was about to jump off the last step, her heel caught the end of her skirt and Alicia tripped, falling boobs first onto the stone floor. She groaned as she flipped her body over, hearing a slight chuckle from above her.

"There's no need to laugh, Henry, or else one day you'll trip down the stairs mysteriously," Ali spat an empty threatened. The boy shook his head. Alicia took the chance to really look at Henry Mills. He wore a fancy suit he was now required to wear after being coronated an official prince of the Enchanted Forest. His short brown hair always had life to it and his chocolate eyes had a spark that never seemed to fade away. He was the light that the kingdom needed years back when everyone struggled against the many curses that were always being placed.

He was Emma's only son and Regina's adopted one. Henry didn't like to talk about his father, especially after his unpredicted death, but Henry approved of Killian and Emma's love life. And he was excited for the wedding to happen.

"Sorry. It was just so funny how you landed," he said, still chuckling.

Alicia soothed her dress off and looked towards the kitchen door. Her stomach growled and she groaned.

"You're hungry, huh?"

Ali nodded her head. He chuckled again and got out of her way to let her enter the kitchens. She headed in, ready to eat her worries away.

"Miss Ali!" She heard the head chef yell her name. Chef Colette, the best cook throughout the Enchanted Forest. Alicia smiled. Colette was her second favorite person in the world, right after Regina. She hoisted herself onto a stool and turned to face the cooks.

"Queen Snow told me you were coming today, so I made you a lot of cheesecake," Colette said and Alicia sighed happily. She grabbed a fork and slammed it against the counter.

"I'm ready," she breathed and the chef smiled proudly as she placed a plate full of different cheesecakes. As Ali consumed the various mini samples the chef had placed out, she noticed the other cooks rushing around, desperately getting things done. Alicia glanced at Colette.

"What's with the rush?" She asked politely while gesturing to the others. Colette hummed as she whipped a bowl filled with fudge.

"It's the food for the dinner reception tonight."

Alicia continued to chew. Once she finished and gave her honest compliments to the chef, she got up ready to leave.

"Please excuse me, Colette," Alicia said. The chef gave a quick bow before the young girl ran out of the kitchens.

Ali jogged up the stairs and into the room the Charming's had gifted her with, where various dresses were scattered. Choosing her dinner outfit, she decided it would be a good time to go for a quick ride with her horse. Alicia knew the guests for the wedding would be arriving the next day and she wouldn't have a moment alone to herself.

After changing out of her day dress, she quickly threw on her riding clothes and grabbed her boots. She struggled to put them on but once she did, she ran out her room, slamming the door behind her.