Chapter 10

Sparrow

Alicia had never been one to handle her problems by drinking. She liked to have control over her thoughts and actions and have a clear head just in case anything ever occurred.

But after her encounter with Hector Barbossa, she needed a couple of drinks to ease her mind. She made her way back to the pub. Entering into the same bar as before, she ordered a bottle of their finest scotch before deciding to spend the rest of her night in her quarters, back on the Jolly Roger.

Tomorrow is a new day, she thought to herself. Pressing her lips to the bottle, she continued to drink as she made her way to the docks.

She suddenly stumbled into someone. Thinking she had too much to drink, she dropped her bottle and it shattered to the ground. Alicia's eyes narrowed as soon as she recognized the man before her. He clicked his tongue in disappointment as he stared down at the spilled alcohol. Grieving, he took off his hat in respect to the scotch.

"Such waste of the finest happy water. You should be hanged for murder, Alicia Knights," the dirty pirate slurred.

In less than a second Alicia pulled back her arm and punched the living lights out of Jack Sparrow. His lanky body flopped onto the dirt road and Alicia stared down at him.

"Captain?"

She turned to see Smee and Gibbs standing before her cautiously. She snapped her fingers and pointed to the unconscious body at her feet.

"Pick him up and follow me, men. We're not leaving this pile of disappointment here to lie with the rats."

~

When Jack Sparrow woke up, he felt his body swaying. For a moment, he believed he was still drunk on the whiskey he had the night before. Hiccupping loudly, he rubbed the sleep away from his dirt-smeared face and groaned as he felt his sore body.

When he looked around, he was more than certain he was on a ship. Finding his hat and boots, he slipped out onto the deck and frowned.

"The bloody hell, where am I?"

"I may be of higher status now, but that doesn't mean I will leave you out on the streets of Tortuga to freeze to death. I do have standards," Alicia announced as she neared him. Jack gave her a cocky smile.

"Alicia Knights! Wonderful to have you back on the sea, can't imagine the seven high seas without you, my love," he rambled loudly. Alicia rolled her eyes.

"You never did learn how to shut your mouth," she groaned before turning away, heading to the steering wheel. Jack followed close by.

"What ship is this exactly?"

"The Jolly Roger."

"What happened to Captain Hook?"

"Killian got married to Princess Emma of the Enchanted Forest. Their wedding was-"

"A wedding! I do love weddings. Drinks all around!" He exclaimed and Alicia had to take a deep breath to stop herself from punching him out again.

"Anyway, their wedding was two days ago and he's off on his honeymoon."

"I will miss that chap. Always knew how to have a roaring good time," Jack said sympathetically and Ali rolled her eyes.

"He got married, stop acting like he's dead!" She snapped and gestured to the map in front of her.

"Let's get to business. A long time ago, you told me of a fountain that granted eternal youth-"

"It was destroyed, along with my heart."

"I don't care. What I do care is that you let the daughter of Black Beard, Angelica, live. You know that wench still wants to kill us after what you and I did to her," Alicia hissed. Jack smiled as he remembered the good old days.

"Ah yes, when you stole her father's magical sword and I broke her heart. We're a marvelous tag team," Jack replied in his usual upbeat voice. Ali crossed her arms.

"You say it as if it's a good thing, Sparrow! I am going to be the queen of the Enchanted Forest one day, and I cannot have diabolical, barbaric scum running around, plotting to kill me. I know you know where she is, and you are going to tell me exactly where she lies and you will take me there, Jack Sparrow," Alicia stated firmly. She didn't want to get upset with Jack, as she truly did have a soft spot for him, but nothing would stop her from ending Angelica's future reign of terror.

Jack fiddled with his compass. A soft sigh soon escaped him and he adjusted his hat.

"I left her on an island. You remember the one I was deserted on?"

"Vividly."

"Great! Well, she should be there. But mark my word, Angelica may be a horrid lass, but I can guarantee she didn't stay on that treacherous island," Jack piped as he reached over to a fruit bowl and picked up an apple. Alicia now stood in front of her map, checking how far she was exactly from what she and Jack called Sea Turtle Island.

"We're exactly a day away. If Calypso blesses us with high winds, we might even get there in a mere couple hours," the captain remarked.

"We could always get drunk instead."

"I am going to murder you," was Ali's immediate response. Jack only chuckled lowly before throwing his arm over Alicia's shoulders and guided her away from the map she had been studying.

"Come now, love! Let's go drink our body weight in rum."

~

Alicia swirled her drink around as she listened to Jack's erratic ramble. She nodded even though she wasn't sure what he was talking about. Unlike Ali, Sparrow hadn't been swept up by the Evil Queen's curse. He found cover in a section another enchantress had saved with her strong magic.

"Remember when we were only a couple of years apart?" Jack suddenly asked and Ali looked at him. She nodded before sipping on her drink.

"Now I'm older than 40-year-old Glen McKenna," Jack muttered. Alicia chuckled.

"I'll still marry you if you want," Jack slurred and Alicia scrunched her nose.

"You are a pervert. I'm barely going to turn 20, Sparrow. Unlike you, I haven't aged much," she said. Jack was 19 when the curse hit and Ali was 15. 15-year-old Alicia and 19-year-old Jack might as well have been married, they would never leave each other's side. Alicia had switched ships and deemed her loyalty to Jack and the Black Pearl and he became loyal to the young girl in his own way.

So when the curse swept her up after they agreed to marry each other as soon as Alicia was of age, Jack was left alone with the thought that she had been killed in the curse.

"28 years passed and I'm still a teenager. What does that tell you?"

"That you aged better than I did, love."

Alicia hummed. She heard a knock on her quarter door and yelled at them to enter. Smee poked his head in and cleared his throat.

"Captain, we've arrived at Sea Turtle Island."

*unedited*