Chapter 28

Flynn Rider

"What is this and why is it gooey?" Peter asked the next morning as he poked the bowl in front of him. Alicia sighed.

"Stop poking it. It's oatmeal."

"More like dragons guts," he mumbled as he pushed the bowl away. Alicia scowled and snatched it from him before placing it into the sink. The princess wanted to try and make something for Peter since he had been cooking and buying her things.

The only problem? Alicia sucked at cooking. She was never taught nor given the chance to learn.

On the pirate ship, there was always a cook already at hand who made the meals for the entire crew.

In Storybrooke, she ate what she could from the scraps she found and after uniting with Regina, the queen made food every day for Alicia.

And in the Enchanted Forest, the castle had the best chefs that money could buy.

Alicia had never once picked up a spatula or a pot. It truly was a slap in the face when she realized she couldn't even properly make oatmeal.

Pan quickly kicked her out of the kitchen so he could cook breakfast instead.

"Never cook again, princess."

Alicia huffed and took her usual spot at the table.

"Did you try to use your magic?" Pan asked. Alicia nodded.

"Not even magic can make my food edible. I should just bury myself in a hole and die," she said dramatically. Peter chuckled as he briefly cleaned up her mess before beginning to cook her an omelet.

He drank his tea quietly as Alicia inhaled down her food. He was concerned she wasn't chewing enough and would choke. He was fairly surprised when Alicia chugged the last of her juice and seemed to be fine.

"How was it?" Peter asked with a raised eyebrow. Ali crossed her arms and hummed. Although she thought the food was amazing, she didn't want Peter's ego to get any bigger than it already was.

"It was alright," Alicia judged with a careless shrug. Peter laughed and shook his head as he picked up her dirty plate.

"You are something else."

Alicia stuck her tongue out at him.

As Peter cleaned around, the princess could feel pins beginning to grow in her uneasy body. She was desperate to begin the day doing new things. She didn't want to be inside.

As quietly as she could, Alicia escaped out the back door. She bounced out into the garden where Hatter had the long tea table. She wanted to know where the table ended. The closer she got to the end, the more noise she heard. Ali peeked over the tabletop to see a small mouse running between the cups. A strange-looking rabbit thing anxious looked around from the opposite side. His eyes darted back and forth as he giggled madly.

At the center end of the table was the Mad Hatter. He had a cup in his hand and waved his arms around.

"Ah! Miss Alicia! The girl who likes to play with monsters! Join us, please, only the maddest of the mad join us!"

"Who is this child?" The mouse asked. Alicia peered down at the small creature and offered him a finger to shake.

"Just Peter Pan's traveling companion. She's Flynn Rider's sister," the Hatter whispered loudly.

"She's related to Rich Man Rider? Think she's as crazy as he is?" The mouse asked and the hare giggled. Alicia frowned but sat at one of the oversized chairs. The Hatter handed her a teacup and Alicia sipped it slowly.