· ☾ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 ☽ · ﴾𝑷𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑﴿ ·

Esmeralda cautiously shuts the false wall behind them.

"This way." She commands, walking to the bathing room.

Her tone and brisk pace invoked the outlaw to pursue. He does so reluctantly.

Marching toward the chamber doors, the royal shoves them from her path. She marches inward.

The mumrik lingers in the doorway. The room was completely dark, his night eyes reveal every hidden detail that resided in the dusk.

His wandering gaze eventually finds Esmeralda. He watches her stumble over a loose tile whilst clumsily searching for a light source.

Ultimately, she reaches the only window in the room.

Opening the window doors, a wave of cozy daylight pours in after her motion, illuminating every corner of the room.

Esmeralda could now seek the essentials she needed.

Rummaging through every cupboard and drawer, she gathers fresh cloth, a box of matches, a pale of water, a roll of thread, and a shimmering needle.

Its piercing tip caused the thief to clutch his leaking wound in reaction.

Items in hand, the girl stood beside a bathtub carved of pure rose quartz. Her heels tapped the floor in an impatient rhythm.

"Get in." She orders.

Taking a moment to understand the princess's intentions, Robin Hood backs away at the realization.

"Oh─ You know, this is not necessary. I─"

"Robin Hood."

The outlaw swallows his decline at the snap of Esmeralda's authoritarian tone.

"Get in the bathtub... Now." She commands, her narrowing glare piercing right through his soul.

Like a hound with its tail tucked between its legs, the crook wisely obeys and reluctantly makes his way toward the crystal bathtub.

He places his beloved hat on a distant stool before climbing into the tub.

He hugs his knees to his chest. Now hunched over in an awkward fetal potion he peers up at the royal.

He is confused as to why her unsatisfied expression wavered.

"Now remove your doublet." She urges.

The thief tensed at the command. He gawks at the royal's stern manner, she was serious and still visibly hurt over his betrayal.

Expelling a weary sigh, Robin Hood accepted that that refusal was pointless. At least his wound would be in good hands, or so he thought.

He reluctantly unclips the lotus buckles on his stained armor. As the lush vest leisurely hung off his torso, he takes it off and hangs it on the side of the tub.

Facing Esmeralda once more, he patiently waits for her next action. The girl also anticipates for him to continue.

"And the shirt." She continued.

This time, Robin Hood's fists remained at his sides. Refusing the embarrassment that came with openly revealing himself, in front of the princess no less, he conceals himself as well as his faint blush in the shade of his hair.

"Do I have to tear it off you, myself?" She questions, her patience waning.

Though it didn't help when she says things like that. The mumrik's head shot up again, he looks at the woman wide-eyed.