· ⋄ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 ⋄ · ﴾𝑳𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝑩𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓﴿ ·

The Prince's voice cascades through the palace as he tours his soon-to-be bride through its vast corridors.

Passing artifacts and rooms of old, the information he fed her of each relic and chamber bled from one ear out the other.

Esmeralda's attention naturally wandered elsewhere; far beyond the tall windows she and the prince strolled through past.

As twilight quickly snuffed out any view of the outside world, the royal figured it was about time to return to reality.

'The mood seems to be growing stale.' She ponders, glancing at Prince Reynard who now walked beside her in silence.

'Suppose I should strut my Måne charm.' She reckoned.

"Erm..." Esmeralda's voice bleeds through the silence, the hesitancy in her tone captures the gentleman's attention. "Prince Reynard?"

"Please, just Reynard is fine. These courting dinners are pretentious enough as is." He implores. His voice held nonchalant undertones, though the inflection was still as soothing as a melody.

The princess blinks in surprise, she is taken aback by the prince's sudden casualness.

"Oh... Alright then... Reynard. I must say you have quite a lovely estate. It truly is a sight to behold! Truly rubbish." She tries to praise.

The prince raises a brow at the femme, a smirk gracing his lips. "Rubbish?"

Esmeralda chokes on her breath.

"L-lavish! I-I meant lavish of course!" She chuckles, cracking an awkward smile.

She mentally slaps herself as Reynard clutches his gut and roars with laughter.

'Okay. We can throw feminine wiles out the window... myself included.' She groans within.

The Prince's laughter quickly perishes.

"It's alright, there's no need to be so cautious. The whole reason I brought you out here was that I couldn't help but notice you nodding off in sheer boredom." He reassures her.

Esmeralda's gaze flickers elsewhere. She brushes a strand of hair from her face. "I apologize... I don't mean to be obscene."

"It's really alright. I understand how tiring court mingling can be... But now that we're away from all that, there's no need to kiss up to each other." Reynard says, his proper stance easing as he tucks his hands comfortably in his pockets. "We are free to be ourselves in peace."

Esmeralda is tempted to retire her stiff strut. "...Is this a test?"

The man chuckles, the rumble in his inflection is like that of thunder.

"I assure you, the trials are over now. Just relax. I may be a prince but I'm not a cranky old nobleman... Esmeralda, if we are going to be... wedded soon, I would at least like for us to be comfortable around each other." He consoles.

Contemplating her suitor for a moment, the Princess eases with caution, her poise saunter becomes natural as they carry on.

The Prince eyes the royal as she moves with grace, a smug smirk slinks across his lip. "Besides... if you're trying to enchant me, deem me at your every whim. You're a natural temptress."