· ⋄ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 ⋄ · ﴾𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒚 𝑨𝒕 𝑻𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕﴿ ·

The princess turns away from Snorkmaiden, allowing her to braid her messy locks. The Snork's content smile droops as the royal hunches away from her reach. Resting against her palms, Esmeralda eagerly listens to the tales Moominmamma was about to retell.

"Not much is known about the nefarious Robin Hood. But he made sure the world would never forget him." Mamma tells as if reading the princess a bedtime story.

The royal smiles excitedly. Her eyes glimmered with admiration.

"Every spring, he goes from Kingdom to Kingdom, robbing the wealthy. No ruler or lord in the land is safe from their vaults being completely depleted of every cent and jewel they hold dear. Even after so many years, no one has ever gotten a proper look at him. Leading some to believe that he is a cunning specter of sorts. Others say he's a crafty swordsman and archer... But to those less fortunate, he is a gracious giver. Once he is satisfied with his bounty, he then─"

Esmeralda cuts through Mamma's narration in an even more dramatic tone.

"I know, I know. He then lavishes the poor with riches befitting royalty!~ But when exactly does he strike?" As she scoots further away, an annoyed groan rumbles behind her. The princess apologetically smiles back at Snorkmaiden's bitter pout.

"It's hard to say. His appearances are quite unpredictable. Although... My husband has speculated that his break-ins begin every new moon, and end when it is full. But what no one seems to understand, is where he vanishes every winter. That is all I know." Moominmamma finishes, slightly wary of the devious twinkle in the royal's eyes.

"Yes! That's just what I needed!" Esmeralda cheers.

Darting towards her window sill, her braid completely unravels behind her ─ Snorkmaiden drops the ribbon meant to be placed in its completion.

The Snork sighs as she rises from the bedside and stomps towards the royal's mirror stand.

'I'm going to pamper myself for a while!' She relinquishes.

Approaching the vanity, Snorkmaiden marvels at the remarkable selection of jewelry that is poured from the royal's new jewelry box. Her paws traced each one that littered the stand. "Erm... Esmeralda? Would you mind if I wore one of these dazzling necklaces?... Just for a bit?" She pleas.

The Princess's full attention was fixated on the cloudy horizon; Though she could sense her friends yearning to model every accessory she had at her disposal.

"No, no, of course not. Take whatever you like! Take them all, for all I care─" The royal was silenced by a sudden wave of inspiration. An impish grin sprawls across her face.

"Oh no... There's that dastardly grin again." Snorkmaiden points out.

"Yes, that smile seems to omen nothing but mischief." Moominmamma concurs.

"Call it whatever you like. I have a plan..." Esmeralda snatches her journal off her nightstand. Returning to the window sill, she fills its blank pages with her magnum opus.

"Well if it involves anything to do with me, you can forget it!" Snorkmaiden crosses her arms as she recalls a previous misadventure that nearly cost her precious fringe.

"Oh, trust me... It won't... But, you two best be on your way home. It's nearly midnight." Esmeralda advises.

The servants share a glance as she continues to wildly jolt down her thoughts.