· ☾ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 ☽ · ﴾𝑩𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝑫𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒔﴿ ·

The princess sat at her vanity stand. She sketched to her heart's content, all while Snorkmaiden desperately tries to work her magic.

"I don't understand how your hair gets this matted." She comments as she fights against the stubborn knots in the royal's hair.

"Mhm..." Esmeralda mumbles, barely wincing at the painful brush strokes.

"What were you up to? Literally fighting phantoms in your sleep?" The Snorkmaiden remarks.

"Right... yes of course." Esmeralda's voice was as light and airy as she was.

Snorkmaiden peeks at her reflection. She raises a brow at the euphoric expression on the royal's face.

"Well, I suppose you don't mind if I go ahead and shave it all off then?" She teases, resting a paw on her hip.

"Yes..." Esmeralda sighs as she continues to bask in her fantasy.

The Snork peeks over the royal's shoulder, curious about what she was so enchanted by. She catches sight of Esmeralda placing the finishing touches on an illustration of two dark silhouettes. The vague shadows seemed to be prancing around the pages of her journal in a charming waltz.

It appeared the princess still hadn't left that magical evening.

Snorkmaiden shakes her head. She had never seen the princess so enamored. Or infatuated with anyone once in all the time she knew her.

But that all changed when the nefarious Robin Hood swooped in and stole her heart.

"This pash may take some getting used to." Snorkmaiden remarks as she weaves and coils silver ribbons through Esmeralda's hair. Satisfied, she then steps back and admires her work. "And there! All done! What do you think?" She asks cheerfully, resting her hands on the royal's shoulders.

"...Huh? Oh..." At last, the princess returns to the present moment.

She stares in awe at her radiance. She wore a silver gown that glittered like it was adorned by thousands of stars. Her realms sigil, a moonstone jewel carved in the shape of a crescent moon, rested in the center of her chest. Esmeralda found it similar to her typical dress only more regal. She was a beaming vision if only her smile held the same luster.

Suddenly, there is a knock at the door. A servant sheepishly pokes her head into the room.

Esmeralda calmly shuts her journal.

"Pardon my intrusion your Highness, but your mother has beckoned you to meet her at once." She tells before quickly exiting the room.

"You better join her before she comes to fetch you herself." Snorkmaiden urges playfully.

Esmeralda eyes her reflection. Her breath trembles slightly as she exhales. Her gaze then shifts to the window sill.

Memories of the traveler flood her mind. She hoped he would appear at any moment to sweep her away. Far we're there troubles could not find them.

"Don't fret, Esmeralda. I'm sure everything will be just fine at the ball. Besides, from what you've told us, the Prince seems to already take a liking to you." Moominmamma pulls a strand of the royal's hair behind her ear, only for it to rebelliously spring back out.