· ⋄ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 ⋄ · ﴾𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒚𝒆﴿ ·

The royal's vibrant white dress began to stain a dusty hazel color as it delicately brushes the chalky dirt road. Esmeralda was unfazed by the mess as her imagination wandered elsewhere ─ frolicking far within the flower field, awaiting them. The mere fantasy of it sent her heart into a thrilled tempo that grew ever more harmonious with each passing flower. One after the other, they lead the pair to a breathtaking end to their voyage.

The princess was hypnotized by the way the field gently swayed in the breeze. She had caught a glimpse of the scenery only a few times. Now could she could at last take in the flowers' natural beauty and savor their sweet aromas. The overwhelming sensation of bliss was so foreign, it was a little too foreign, but above all else, it felt right.

Esmeralda's stunned expression captures the thief's attention. He had never seen such a look, the sight transfixed him. Contemplating the royal for a moment longer, he then shakes his head and motions to awaken her from her state of 'awe.'

"We've arrived. Golden Meadow." He presents, wondering if he should question the royal's obvious satisfaction or not.

The thought alone gave him a sliver of discomfort, though he was unsure as to why. She was a Princess, after all. And as far as the outlaw was certain, her title alone would forbid any affinity.

But by the grace of mercy, Robin Hood's heart of gold was unknowingly leading him to pity the royal.

Esmeralda jumps onto the flower bed. Her elegant skirt follows momentum's law ─ concealing several golden blossoms beneath its tainted hue. Innocently poking at one of the flower buds, the girl strolls on.

As her stride quickens, the brushing motion of her hand paints a colorful scene.

Astonished giggles escape her as hundreds of radiant butterflies race to the sky. They swarmed her in their colorful grace.

Burying his hands in his pockets, a smirk crept upon the criminal's nonchalant expression as he observes the royal from afar. The sight fills him with a prideful emotion he refused to acknowledge. He reclines against the trunk of a mighty oak and watches the entertaining sight of the prim and proper Princess, wildly cackling to herself as she blithely races through the sun-kissed meadow.

Just as she could capture a butterfly in her palm, a faithful misstep sent her gracelessly tumbling to the ground.

In an instant, Robin Hood had lost the royal to the wild brush. Several butterflies flutter away as he walks into the field. Pushing through the overgrown grass, the outlaw soon uncovers Esmeralda laying motionless. His presence went unacknowledged as she lay in a perpetual state of wonderment.

"Are you... alright?" The crook's questions. The girl answers in a fit of giddish laughter.

Kicking her legs in excitement, the princess extends her arms and stretches, melting into the bed of sod.

"I'm far more than okay... I'm in bliss!" She sighs, her eyes flutter shut as she intently listens to nature's lullaby.

The harmonic rustling of green and the chorus of a bird's call, all seemingly synchronize with her heart's content rhythm.

The symphony of the forest truly was tranquil, as it soon caught the murmik in its alluring tune ─ enticing him to join the royal.

The two sat in the stillness. Not a word was spoken in the silence as both watched daylight slowly snuff out. Though the pair did not mind sitting in a meadow for hours, the sun's descent beckoned the end of their affair. Spying on the royal from the corner of his eye, the thief watched as she ogled a ladybug that had landed on her finger. Her hand sways in graceful swirls as she followed the scarlet insect's aimless path down her wrist.