Chapter 12

Papyrus' POV
This place is really cool!!
I ran through the long damp tunnels.
I was playing tip with Raph and Mikey.
They were so cool.
I'll be as cool as them soon!
I heard a yell then an echoey crash.
Raph had got Mikey.

'Dude!' I heard him yell 'limit the whole crash tackling tactic will ya?!'

'Whatever' Raph snickered 'Let's get the ankle biter'

I giggled, running in the opposite direction of the voices.

'Paappyyyyyyruuuuss!' Mikey yelled in a sing song voice 'we're gonna getcha!'

I stifled my giggles as I clambered onto the pipes running along the tunnel ceiling.

Pressing my body flat, I watched the two turtle teens tiptoe around the corner.

'I swear I heard him...' Mikey muttered but Raph shushed him.

They stopped right underneath me.

Raph looked up 'hey Paps'

'How did you even get up there?!' Mikey exclaimed 'I think we can safely say you've evolved from ankle biter to head kicker'

I snorted, dangling my legs down. Raph caught me and put me on his shoulders.

'Good game, let's head home' Mikey said, leading the way back to the lair.

'Wowie!! I can't believe you found me, Papyrus, the best hiding spot finder!! But that was really fun!' I exclaimed, kicking my legs, Raph soon put a stop to that, something about fearing for his face, I don't know why.

We entered the lair, and were met with the now usual seen; the occasional 'eureka!' or 'uh oh' sounding from the lab. Sans sprawled in the tv pit, carelessly tossing aside pieces of paper as he scribbled down equations and other weird symbols.
They were still trying to 'recalibrate' the Kraang portal in order to get Sans and me home.

Leo jogged into the lair behind us, from god knows where, holding a small box who's contents rattled metallically.
'Got it Don' he announced entering the lab.

Raph sighed, placing me back on the ground, as Mikey walked past, flipping down onto the bean bag, according to Raph he seemed really subdued lately.

'Hey Mikey' Sans said not looking up from his work,

'Sup' Mikey mumbled

I grabbed Raph's hand and pulled him after me, I hated the depressing vibes I was getting.
I needed to distract myself.

'Watcha doin?' Raph asked as we entered the small kitchen.

'Making pasta!' I replied

'Pasta...?' He muttered 'wouldn't you rather make pizza?'

'What's that?'

Raph looked at me like I'd just told him he had one day to live. 'Only the best thing ever created!'

I stared blankly at him.

'You have to try pizza!' He insisted 'I'll order some'

'Order?'

'Get the pizza delivery guy to get it for us'

'Why don't we just make it ourselves?' I asked

Raph shook his head 'I can't cook to save my life, Mikey's a lot better but...'

'Mikey!!!' I hollered

'Coming!' was the less than jubilant reply.

'Paps seriously I don't know if this is a good idea...'

I waved away his concern 'I only have good ideas'

Mikey trudged into the kitchen, 'wassup lil dude?'

'We're going to make pizza!'

Mikey's signature grin crept onto his face 'with Raph? Are you sure?'

'No!' Said turtle tried to say but I drowned him out with a very loud 'YES!'

'Ok I'll get the anchovies, they should be ok, I've only had them for a few weeks' Mikey said

'Cool! I'll get the glitter!' I offered,

Raph buried his face in his hands.

1 hour later

'Do you think the ovens hot enough?' The red masked turtle asked, peering through the glass door.

'Yup!' Mikey replied, sprinkling the last of chilli slices onto our glamorous pizza.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, I hadn't made pizza before, but I thought this one looked amazing!!

The pink glitter really paired well with the peach coloured earth worms.

'It's ready' Mikey grinned, sliding the disk of awesomeness into the oven 'now we've just gotta wait'

'I mean, we should probably clean up' Raph said, gesturing to the kitchen, which was currently in shambles.

Pots and pans lay disregarded on the bench. Pizza sauce dotted the walls, floor and roof. Glitter trailed in and out of practically all the draws and cupboards, most of who's doors were still open, providing a dangerous head bumping or toe stubbing hazard.

All in all, the room looked well used.

'Leave it for Raph?' Mikey whispered to me

'Leave it for Raph' I confirmed

And with that, Mikey grabbed me around the waist and sprinted out of the disaster zone, Raph's yells of outrage fuelling us on.

We collapsed in Mikey's room.
In the end Raph had caught us, beat Mikey up, then made us help clean.

'Raphael is very cool' I announced,

Mikey raised an 'eyebrow', cocking his head 'are we thinking of the same Raph?'

'Of course!! He's really cool! One day I'll be just like him! Or maybe I'll be like Undyne, she's cool too, she's going to be in the royal guard when she's old enough!'

'I really hope you don't end up like him' Mikey snickered 'who's Undyne?'

'Oh she's really cool! Maybe even cooler than Raph!' I said 'she's kind of friends with my brother, but they fight a lot. It usually starts with Sans saying something like 'you're only untrained muscle is your brain', she gets really annoyed and says she'll chuck him in jail when she's a royal guard. I want to be a royal guard too y'know...'

I would've kept talking if I hadn't noticed Mikey's face fall ever so slightly.

'What's wrong'

He sighed 'nothing I can change little dude. Keep telling me about this whole royal guard thing, do you guys have some sort of king in the underground?'

Disregarding my audiences melancholy expression I launched into a thrilling description of the underground, my home.

——————————
Ahaaaa Papyrus

Art by Torifalls on tumblr
It just fit y'know?