Chapter 7

Mikey's POV

As far as hospitality goes, the Kraang are the worst.
But as far as personality goes...nope still the worst.

Sans and I were in a purple or like cell, 100 metres off the ground.
Preeettyyy bad sitch to be in.

Looking out I couldn't make out much due to the distortion, purple tinted affect, courtesy of the Kraang cell. But we were too high up to see things anyway.

'Soooo' I said awkwardly turning to my cell mate, Sans, who'd been sitting in silence, arms wrapped around his knees in a ball like fashion.
He couldn't even meet my eyes.
Probably cause of the, uhh, magic accident, but I got the feeling there was something else.

'Sans seriously' I was kinda worried, I mean more than usual for persons captured by the Kraang.

He sighed and looked up at me, 'look I'm sorry ok, If I hadn't taken on those stupid robots...'

'Hey, it's fine they would've found you anyway, cause y'know, that tracker' I pointed out

He put his head on his knees.

'Buts that's not what I mean' I continued, Sans once again raising his head 'you were obviously triggered by the mention of 'the other one' so I'm guessing that there's someone else around here, someone important to you'

He looked at me stunned, like he didn't expect me to be so deductive.

'So?' I said

'I don't wanna talk about it' he muttered

I don't normally push people but 1) we've been friends for like two days and 2) if I'm gonna be stuck in a Kraang prison I'm gonna wanna know why.
So I let him know that.

*One rant later*

'Ok fine, fine! I think they've got Papy' Sans exclaimed

I stared at him blankly.

He pinched his nose ridge, as though he had a headache, before launching into the telling of his backstory.
From what I gathered 'Papy' was short for Papyrus, Sans' younger brother.
The Kraang had come in the middle of the night, once again harnessing inter dimensional travel.
Sans was overpowered by the robots, who it turns out we're not content with only one specimen.
Also Sans seemed to be really really worried, like more than you'd usually be when your brothers been kidnapped by an inter dimensional alien race.

'Dude!' I yelped 'you shoulda just told me before'

I stood up and turned away from the skeleton.
Well we didn't have any weapons, but I don't know how they'd help.
Then it occurred to me.

'Sans! You can do the thing! The teleporty thing!'

'What a short cut?' He said skeptically

'Yeah!'

'Ok' he said getting to his feet, he looked hesitant 'I'll try'

As I watched his left eye began to glow blue, a trail of misty cyan flowed from the pupil.

He closed his eyes and balled his fists.
I thought it was gonna work, his form shimmered and sparked when all of a sudden...

Purple arms of electricity arced of the walls making a beeline towards Sans.

He cried out in shock and pain, falling to his knees.

The electricity ceased, leaving behind a rather defeated skeleton.

'W..what th..the hell..l' he stammered, breathing hard.

'It must be some sort of safety precaution, woah, they must know all about your magic' I guessed, helping Sans to his feet, 'let's not try that again...'

'What do you mean?!' He said

'What do you mean what do you mean' I replied perplexed

'I mean we can't give up just because...'

'...You were nearly zapped to death?' I finished for him.

'It wasn't that bad' He sighed in frustration, 'I'm the one who got us stuck in here and I'm the only ticket outta here ok?'

I glared at him 'no way hose-ay'

'Cmon, it's orbful in here' he said

'No!'

'Mikey seriously! There's two things I couldn't live with myself if I couldn't do; saving you and saving Paps, and incase you haven't noticed getting us outta here will hopefully achieve both!'

I knew he was right, there was no other option.
'Fine' I said grudgingly.

I let go of his shoulder and grabbed his hand instead, 'let's do this'

Once again the skeleton closed his eye sockets in concentration. The air around me became almost electric and my body tingled.

As I'd expected the Kraang designed shock system activated, but why I didn't expect was it to only affect Sans.
I could see beads of sweat forming on his skull, but this time he was using some sort of magic to keep the electricity at bay.
The space around me seemed to shimmer and with a small pop I found myself outside the container, free falling, 25 metres in the air.

This is gonna hurt.

I grabbed what seemed to be the unconscious form of Sans, ready to try lessen the impact.

As we landed I tucked and rolled, though we still hit the ground pretty hard.

'Sans!' I poked my friend, but he said nothing, just shook violently, so much so i thought I heard his bones rattling.

Not good.

I raised my head frantically, then froze.
We had landed right next to an exact replica of that big inter dimensional teleporter that the Kraang had a knack for building.

'Whoa' I breathed

Also not good.