Chapter 10

Still Sans POV
My head both rang and spun at the same time.
I hadn't even opened my eyes yet.

I deduced from the hushed chatter and funny smelling environment I was back in the turtles lair.

Jeez what on earth happened?
Why does everything hurt so...

I suddenly remembered; Mikey and I had been captured by the Kraang, but we got out, and...oh yeah! We went looking for Papyrus...

My eyes shot open and I sat bolt upright.
Bad idea, I nearly threw up.

'Whoa there' the owner of the tired voice pushed me gently back down onto the cot 'don't want you injuring yourself any more than you already have'

I was definitely in the lair, the same spot I'd woken up the first time I'd been in come here.

I struggled to focus on the figure in front of me - pretty sure it was Leo (my vision seemed a bit off).

'W..where's Papy?!' I stammered 'is he ok? D..did we get him?...'

I looked desperately over at the pair of sliding doors, where a small group had formed, I didn't recognise some but I barely registered that.

'Sans!' An equally tired voice yelled in relief, Papyrus pushed his was to the front of the crowd. He didn't look hurt so to speak, which was a good thing.
'Sans I'm alright! B..but I though you had...I thought you were...' the sound of my baby brother's sobs were enough to jolt me back to 100% consciousness.

'Papy it's ok! I'm ok!' I promised, gentle pushing Leo's restraining hands away, as I sat up again.

'I really don't think...' the purple masked turtle began.

I looked over at Donnie, my gaze pleading, he gave up 'just don't blame me if you pass out again' he said raising his hands defensively.

I slipped off the bed, ignoring the countless aches and pains, and limped gingerly towards my brother. He seemed to respect the fact I was in no shape for his customary rugby tackle embrace, he instead settled for a normal hug.

'I'm so glad you're ok' I mumbled, holding Paps close. He shook slightly as a wave of tears flowed down his face.

'I was so scared' he said after a few moments  'I...I thought I'd lost you the first t..time! When they took you...and then c..came back for m..me'

My grip tightened protectively around my brother, guarding him from anything else that so much as had the slightest possibility of harming him.

'When I saw you tonight...' he continued 'I couldn't believe it, b..but then you blacked out, just fell on the floor! And you had this stuff coming out of y..your eye... it was horrible! I thought you were dying!' A fresh wave of sobs washed over Papyrus as he clung to my shirt, face buried in my shoulder.
'I tried healing you, but you didn't wake up, and your eye... it wasn't getting any better'

I reached up feeling the familiar bandage that was wrapped around my head, covering one of my eye sockets.

'I'm sorry' I whispered, my brother looking up at me, eye lights bright, orange tears rolling down his cheek bones 'I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I tried, but it wasn't...I wasn't good enough' I felt tears forming at the corner of my exposed eye, I didn't even move to wipe them away 'I'm so so sorry Pap, I just...' I scrunched my eye socket closed, I felt so guilty, so useless.

'You saved me' his voice was barely above a whisper, very uncharacteristic of my brother, but that only caught my attention more 'without you I'd still be there. Scared. Lonely'

I felt his hand on my cheek, I opened my eyes, shocked to see a watery smile on his face.

'You're my hero and I love you, Sans'

'I love you too Papyrus'