Chapter 15

Sans POV

Wow. I'm sure gonna miss this.

I sighed, this would be the last time I'd be seeing the stars.
Don't mean to be a pessimist but monster kind won't be getting out into the open any time soon.

'They're amazing' I stated,

'I guess they are, aren't they' Mikey replied, his tone melancholy,

'Why do we have to leeeeaaavveee' Paps whined from Raph's shoulders, he had trouble grasping the concept that we were putting an entire dimension in danger.

'Paps I've explained this like twelve times, what dozent make sense' I said

'Saaans'

'Sorry bro once I start I can't stop, I don't planet, it just happens!'

'Sans!!!' Paps cried out

The four of us spent the next few minutes laughing at nothing in particular.

It felt good.

***

I was able to stuff all my possessions into a single plastic bag we'd found floating around the sewer.
Not that I had much, just a pair of new pink fluffy slippers, blue hoody and a t-shirt featuring 'the skeleton dance'. April clearly had fun when buying me clothes.

My head bandage had been removed much to my relief, but I knew that I wouldn't be using magic for quite some time.
My eye was still prone to small leaks whenever I was stressed...like now.

I quickly wiped away the small amount of dark dark blue 'tears'. I had no control over the stuff, it was infuriating.

'Awww don't cry Sans' Raph teased,

I wiped away another drip and flicked it at him.

All seven of us (Don was hiding away in his lab) were sitting in the Tv pit, but the environment was anything but relaxed.
Papyrus and I were due to leave very soon.

The atmosphere was tense to say the least.
More agitated than tearful.

'Alright guys it ready!' Don yelled from the other side of the garage doors.

We entered the lab to find one large triangular portal in the middle of the room. Donnie was typing away frantically on his laptop, no doubt preparing to launch the virus.

I slipped my hands into the pockets of my tracksuit pants, running my phalanges over the smooth metal surface of the disconnect portal.
I did feel a bit guilty about hiding it from the others.

'Alright guys I guess it's time we said goodbye' Leo said taking initiative.

I shared an awkward hug with Leo and Raph, and a more relaxed one with April and Donnie (at the same time which was...odd, but Don insisted).

'I'll miss you guys' April said, she hadn't known us for long but I could tell she meant it,

'Thanks for finally giving me a well learned lab partner' Donnie said,

'Hey! I thought I was a good lab partner!' April exclaimed,

'What? Yes of course, uhhh...'

I turned to our resident dunderhead, leaving Donnie to dig himself out of trouble.

'See ya Casey' I sighed 'I don't think you're completely stupid'

'You thought I was stupid??!!!' He said incredulously, like this was news to him 'I'm like Albus Einsteinium level smarts!'

'You've got to be pucking kidding me Jones' I groaned,

When I got to Mikey he nearly broke my newly mended bones in a vicelike hug.

'I'm gonna miss you' he said, voice wavering ever so slightly,

I pulled back so I was able to look him in the eyes, 'you're the best friend I've ever had, I want you to know that, not that I needed to tell you, it's very palpable'

He let loose a watery chuckle, 'yeah, it's been nice knowin ya Sans the the skeleton' he said taking a step back,

'Pleasures all mine, Mikey the sewer turtle' I said, taking a bow, 'cmon Paps'

My brother slouched dolefully away from Raph, who I could've sworn was holding back tears.

'Bye everyone' I said, looking around the room one last time,

'Bye'

'Buy Sans'

'Cya Papyrus'

'We'll miss you guys'

And with one hand in my pocket and the other holding my brother's, I stepped back into our dimension.

***

7 months later

Raph's POV

I curled up tighter under my blanket, once again struggling to fall asleep.

I sighed heavily rolling over to face the wall, closing my eyes.

'Raph?'

I practically shot out from under my sheets, sais in hand.

My room was bathed in purple light, it was coming from....
Wait, was that a Kraang portal??
Yup it was, also someone else was in my room.

'Raph it's me!' the silhouetted figure exclaimed,  holding up his ridiculously thin arms.
I could just make out the red colour of his billowing scarf.

'Paps...?'

————————————
Holy McNuggets we've come to the end of the story.

Cliff hanger sorry.
Well not really.
This will all be explained if I can get my ass into gear and write a sequel, if anyone is interested lemme know.

So long farewell, J bomb over and out.