Chapter 2

Sans POV
My head down to my shoulders ached painfully

My right eye was really agonising so I attempted to use my other senses to gather a basic impression of my situation.

I was laying on a 'not so soft and squishy' bed, the air around me was cool but smelt slightly like a toilet.
Though it was relatively quiet I could feel the tension in the...wherever I was
I struggled to open my eyes

The world seemed oddly lopsided when perceived with one eye, but I had to make do.

I was in a dingy, high ceilinged room. You couldn't see the walls due to the sheer amount of junk stacked against them.
But what really made me nervous was the fact that I was being watched by four turtle-like creatures (similar in build to old Gerson) as though I was a new exhibit at the zoo.
I wouldn't say they looked dangerous but... no they have weapons, definitely dangerous.

All this habitat absorption happened within seconds, allowing my fight or flight  instincts to kick in.
I practically jumped of the bench on which I lay, summoning a halo of bones above me.

Immediately pain flared up in my right eye, so much so I cried out.
Falling to my knees I grabbed my skull as waves of agony washed across my face.

Images flashed through my mind.
Bullets were flying.
Papyrus was screaming.
Papyrus....

I had to get back to him, no matter the cost.

I battled the pain in my eye, attempting to summon more bones.
My hands shook and black spot obscured my vision.

I blacked out.

I regained consciousness a few seconds later.
I was sprawled n the floor practically sobbing.
The tears stung the eye causing me so much grief.
I could barely see, black and cyan swirled in my right socket, a bit slower the colour seemed to be spilling into my uninjured eye.

One of the turtles had broken free of its comrades restraining grasp and rushed to my side.
I was barely aware of the creature as it picked me up and placed me back on the bed.

The colour obscuring my vision began to fade, along with the pain, but I still clutched my head shaking. Something damp was leaking through my head bandage.

I reached up and touched the cloth, wincing at the slightest contact.
My fingers came away coated in an inky substance, the sight of it made me sick.

I was barely aware of the hushed bickering taking place in front of me as I continued to let tears flow silently down my face.

'It's dangerous!'
'We have to get rid of it!'
'No please! He was scared that's all! I'm sure..'
'What are you sure about Mikey? That he's actually a cute puppy in disguise? He was being possessed?'
'It has to go'
'He it's a he not an it, he's a person with feelings!!'
'And we're turtles with feelings, and I don't want him here'
'Three against one'
'No! Guys please!!'

During my brief rush of adrenaline, I hadn't noticed how much my collar bone throbbed either, however I was acutely aware of it now.

The image of my terrified brother planted in my mind was almost worse than the physical pain.

'Paps...' I whispered quietly

Mikey's POV
I stopped talking mid sentence.
My bros gave me a questioning look.
They obviously didn't hear it.
Was I imagining it, or did the skeleton just talk.
I turned slowly and made my way to the figure, ignoring my brothers words of protest.

He was shaking so much his bones were rattling, a tortured expression on his face.

'Hi' I said softly

'Mikey he's not gonna understand...' Donnie began, but I held up my hand to silence him.

'It's ok we're not gonna hurt you' I cooed 'my names Mikey'

The skeleton looked at me, his fear slowly turning to curiosity.

'Can you understand me' I asked

He nodded starting to sit up, wincing as he tried to keep the weight off his broken collar bone.

'You gotta name?'

'S..Sans' the skeleton replied shakily.
His voice was deeper than I had expected, maybe just a tone under Leo's.

I turned to look at my brothers who were standing there with priceless expressions on their faces.

I grinned triumphantly.

A small yelp of pain brought my attention back to our guest.
He was taking shallow breathes as he tried to get off the examination table.

'Here lemme help...' I said as I practically lifted Sans up and placed him on the ground.

The skeleton stumbled a bit but managed to stay upright which I counted as a win.

Sans POV
My head pounded from the position change.
I dizzily stumbled towards 'Mikey' and grabbed hold of his arm.
'Woah dude' the turtle guy said as he grabbed my upper arm to steady me.
'S..sorry' I replied

'No need to apologise, are you good?' He asked

'Y..yeah, I think I..ill b...be fine'
Sheesh I'm starting to sound like Alphys.

*********

The turtle with the orange mask was keen to show me around the lair.

I was pretty much carried (very gently) the whole time, and me being me I think I might've fallen asleep at one point.

I was still feeling super uptight and wary cause... well y'know, I got abducted by aliens and brought to another dimension and all.
It's pretty stressful.

Currently I was laying on the couch watching low budget tv shows.

The sense of nostalgia pressed on my soul, the painful longing for familiarity.

Once again my thoughts strayed to Papy.

God I hope he's ok.
If anything happened to him I'd...
I couldn't go on.
If anything happened to him....
No don't think that I'm sure he's perfectly ok
We're the same person
He's from he's fine he's fine....
You know that's a lie

'Stop it!' I accidentally said out loud

Mikey was the only one with me, his brothers were discussing 'important matters' I had a funny feeling involved me.

The trusting terrapin took his eyes of the TV, looking at me in confusion.

'If this is about Crognard totally destroying that tribe of mud men... he had to do it, they were evil and...'

'Wha? Oh it's not about...I mean yeah that was really...annoying...' trailed off

No need to trouble a stranger with my depressing thoughts.

———————————

Helloooooo
This is your captain speaking
FYI in this fanfic Splinter is dead
...
So yeah
...
Votes are appreciated verily my dears.