Chapter 6

"I may or may not have given your number to the boys." Natasha batted her eyes at me, with a sickeningly sweet and false smile on her face. That smug bi-

"ANNABELLE, NATASHA!" Jay's voice cut through my mean thoughts. We were making our way to the school's front enterance when we heard his voice. I flicked my hair to show Natasha I was done with her.

"I found out how Douchepants Fletcher got my number. It was her." I explained to Jay, giving Natasha a judging eyebrow raise.

"Douchepants Fletcher? It has a nice ring to it." The all too familiar voice slyly spoke. I turned to face Kyle, his signature smirk was plastered on his face. Surrounding him were the rest of Crash and Burn. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed James and instantly my heart rate sped up.

"It suits you." James said, with a slight smile on his face, causing Kyle's smirk to momentarily falter. He probably hadn't been expecting his on friend to turn on him. James winked at me, causing me to blush ever so slightly.

I couldn't explain what was going on in my head. I shook away any thoughts I was having, reminding myself, I was against boybands and James was a part of one.

"L-let's go Jay." I stuttered a bit, then grabbed my best friends arm and dragged him away, completely disregarding Natasha's presence. He didn't try to fight it as I lead him through the school hallways to my locker.

I attempted to quickly take my books out and push away my thoughts of James. I, however, was unable to forget the moment he winked at me, and a small smile formed on my face. Unfortunately, it wasn't small enough. Jay noticed.

"Who's got you all smiley?" He leaned against the locker beside me, his eyebrows raised.

"N-no one." I stuttered again, and unfortunately for me, like many people on TV, when I lie, my voice goes extremely high.

"My dearest Annabelle, if you're gonna lie, at least try to be convincing." He laughed a little. This caused me to blush

Oh my gosh, I was turning into a twelvie.

"Jay-bird," he hated it when I called him that, "I was simply thinking about- Kellin Quinn." I smiled. However, the little moment it took me to think of who to say, did not go unnoticed.

"You like Kyle!" Jay exclaimed.

Of course the first thing that came into his mind would be the most ridiculous and unimaginable thing. I mean, where did he get that stupid idea from? That was a totally rude and offensive accussation.

I.Have.Standards.

"Oh hell no." I spat, slamming my locker shut and picking up my bag. I immediately turned to make my way to homeroom in an attempt to get away from Jay, but he was right behind me.

"Admit it Annabelle, everyone see's it, there's so much-"

"Don't say it!" I turned around and jabbed his chest with my finger in a threatening manner.

"-tension, between the two of you."

At that point, Jay was almost as annoying as Natasha. Almost.

Before I could speak, the bell rang. Jay gave me one last smirk before he turned to the direction of his homeroom. The sly jerk.

~~~~~

The unfortunate thing about my homeroom is that basically everyone had their one seat. It was like their butts were magnetially drawn to that seat. That being said, it was virtually impossible to sit anywhere else.