Chapter 11

While getting ready for my date with James, I found myself listening to Crash and Burn. Maybe they weren't as bad as I initially thought they were.

I unintentionally gravitated towards songs written by Kyle. Damn him for being so good at songwriting.

His lyrics portrayed a side of Kyle was likable. One that I could respect.

It was a pity his lyrics didn't reflect him as a person. However, that thought crossed my mind that maybe Kyle was a far more complex individual than I initially thought. Maybe he hid his emotions behind his egotistic and douchebaggy exterior, and music provided him an express or outlet for his suppressed emotions.

Wow. I was thinking too deeply into this.

So instead, I switched to one of my all time favourite bands, Parachute. 

Ah, there was the music I knew and loved.

I belted out the lyrics to 'The Mess I Made' as I got ready. Rather than going to casual or too formal, I decided to go in between, wearing my ripped black skinny jeans, an Elvis shirt and Doc Martins. Of course being the cliche girl I am, I rocked dark makeup.

My mind was buzzing with all the endless possibilities of where Kyle- I mean James -would be taking me.

Then it dawned on me. I was going out with a member of Crash and Burn. The same band that I hated merely a few weeks ago. The same band who's poster I burned down when Natasha attempted to stick it on my wall. The same band that led me to spending hours lecturing Jay about the difference between a 'band' and a 'boy band'.

Boy, I was judgmental.

Rather than sulking because of my realization, I sat patiently waiting for my date.

A few seconds later, I received a text from James, which simply stated that he was on his way to the door.

I immediately got up and bolted for the door. There was no way I would let my parents answer the door. They would bombard James with a bunch of irrelevant question, then overwhelm him with unnecessary facts about me and/or my family history.

Not today.

Before he could even knock on the door, I had opened it up. He let his hand drop and smiled nervously.

"Hi."

"Hey." He replied, with the same nervous smile on his face. He was dressed in a 'Arizona Coyotes' number 19 jersey, black jeans and converse. His hair was messily styled, which was surprisingly adorable. 

"You look amazing." He spoke, breaking the silence I hadn't noticed. My heart began to race and his compliment and I mumbled a thank you.

"Get in loser! We're going shopping." This statement was followed by an excessive amount of honking.

Way to ruin the moment. I immediately rolled my eyes when I realised Crash and Burn were in the car. Along with Natasha and Jay, in the car behind them.

"I thought this was a date." I muttered, rolling my eyes. My statement sounded a little rude, so I apologised.

"No, trust me, so did I. But when I said we were going to a Coyotes game, Danny insisted on coming along. I'm really sorry Bells." 

I couldn't help but smile at the new nickname James had given me. He hesitantly grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

"Hey Annabelle." Jay winked. I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

"Sorry we're hijacking your date. Jay bird and I can ride with Crash and Burn, giving you some privacy." Natasha wiggled her eyebrows. I lightly whacked her arm, attempting to contain the smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello. It's me.

Like/comment and all that jazzzz. You guys are amazing